Water profile for packaged bottled water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Looking to see what people have used for a water profile report when using packaged/bottled filtered water - i.e. Poland Spring...

Brewing at a friends house this weekend and wanted to build a water profile for it... Going to make a New England Style IPA.

My thought was to just add some gypsum to let the hops shine but I am not sure/don't know where to start considering we're using filtered water...

I've got to wait and see what brand my buddy gets... if they do, I'll check it out. Thank you.

I was more curious if someone has a generic water profile they use/start from with bottled water.

Funny, I just found the PDF of there "mineral analysis" and it looks exactly like the "Arrowhead Water" report I've used before. I just add a little Gypsum and Calcium Chloride and call it a day!

That would depend on the source from where your water is bottled. I also use bottled water, but have switched to distilled. Clean slate to start from.

That would depend on the source from where your water is bottled. I also use bottled water, but have switched to distilled. Clean slate to start from.
You bring upa good point... So what do you use for a water profile for distilled?

My buddy is picking up the water, he'll get whichever. I just want to get the best use out of the hops and grain... Again this is for ne style IPA...

It's distilled, has nothing in it, doesn't have a profile. Start with 0's, add salts to build the profile.

Back