Water profile Columbia SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven9026

Reaction score
Anyone here from Columbia, SC able to get a water profile? I have tried every angle that I know and cannot get any reports that shows the alkalinity, calcium, or magnesium levels.. I have been able to find out the levels of 163 other things in their water...

I couldn't see any of the reports on my phone, but call this number and I'm sure they'll help you out.

City of Columbia
Water Quality - All Hours: (803) 545-3300

Thanks,, I've talked to them and they gave me info,, but none of it included the items that I needed.. They also told me they don't test for magnesium. I got a report from my local DHEC office and it listed 163 things on the test results, but alkalinity, calcium, or magnesium levels were not on the list...

Thanks,, I've talked to them and they gave me info,, but none of it included the items that I needed.. They also told me they don't test for magnesium. I got a report from my local DHEC office and it listed 163 things on the test results, but alkalinity, calcium, or magnesium levels were not on the list...

Just a shot in the dark, but you could see if there are any Water bottling companies in the area. If they are selling water, government agencies require them to test for just about everything and most of the time they are pretty good about sending you the report.

I use Spring water from Walmart. The walmart brand water is bottled by a company out of Pennsylvania. I emailed them and they sent me a 5 page water report that had much more than I needed.

You may end up sending samples to wards. There's also a Brewing water test kit that John Palmer endorses that includes tests for all of the brewing minerals. It's pricey though, $120 for about 50 tests.

No report here but the Clemson Extension offices on Clemson road in Northeast Columbia evaluate all things agricultural including water profiles. Give them a call, I feel sure they could help. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old thread I know...but I have had the same trouble finding the water report in Columbia, SC. I did stumble across this over at the BeerSmith forum. I can't speak to the accuracy or reliability of this, but thought I would share.

Alkalinity, Bicarbonate-17
Sulfate-17
Chloride-10
Residual Chlorine-3.40
Calcium-9.02
Magnesium-2.05
Sodium-6.81
pH-7.52

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=9338.0

Back