• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Water cooler plastic carboy crates in Brooklyn 11235

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
I found someone that can get me a bunch of crates that are used to hold 5 gallon water cooler plastic bottles. They have rubber bottom to make sure that the plastic bottle stays nicely in and doesnt move around. From my posting on the forum I was told that glass carboys are within 1/8 of an inch the same size and glass carboys will fit nicely. They make the move of carboys a breeze and there is a low chance of breaking the carboy even if you drop it due to rubber bottom. Another member is selling a combo of 5 gallon carboy + crate for $40 so I think it they would be a steal at $10.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I can only get them if I get 10 of them. I can get them and store them on my balcony for some time and either sell them or trade them for other carboys. I am in the process of switching from plastic to glass and could use a few more carboys. I am in 11235 and they are only available for pickup as shipping is too much PITA and not worth my time.

It looks something like this but in blue, the picture was sent to me via cellphone is low quality and I didnt want to go thru all the hassle of saving it to the phone, emailing it and posting it:

VBW5GXX001.jpg

Back