Wanting to start kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjwj12

Reaction score
I'm looking into kegging. Where and what would I start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Look at kits. it is an easy way to get all you need at once. I got mine from Kegconnection and it was great. comes pre-assembled so you just clean and sanitize your keg and off you go.

Regards to a keezer. obviously you need some means of refrigeration. Just know a keezer isn't specifically needed. I have mine in a regular refridgerator.

I do have a garage beer fridge. I'm bottling right now.

Rig the garage beer fridge with an STC-1000 controller so that you can precisely set the serving temp.

Talk with Brian at Birdman about exactly what you may need along with that kit to make it happen. Have him upgrade the beer line(s) to 10ft of 3/16".

You'll want to have twice as many kegs as you have spots in the kegerator/keezer. Trust me on this.;)

What would it all cost me do you think?

What would it all cost me do you think?

It really depends on many factors like how many kegs/faucets you want to run, if you want to upgrade faucets to Perlick 525SS (highly recommended) and shanks to stainless, where you get the kegs (ranging from Craigslist finds to buying shiny new ones).

Back