Wanting to learn how to build a keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theepobe

Reaction score
Any articles, or even threads on here? Looking for like a list of parts needed for the kegging system and simple how to.

I would just go to the DIY section on the forum, and start looking around.

Its not too difficult to do. You will need some cash, a few common tools, 1-2 days once you get the parts (depending on how extravagant you are getting with it), a little patience. Its not too bad if you have some experience with building things.

This is mine. Took me 2 days, just because of paint drying and stuff. Shoot me a message if you have questions.
Keezer1.png
Keezer2.png

I have a question. Does yours get condensation inside? Is there anyway other than regularly mopping it up to get rid of it?

Any articles, or even threads on here? Looking for like a list of parts needed for the kegging system and simple how to.

This is a good post for you. A simple build, step by step with pictures and a complete parts/cost list. A keezer doesn't have to be fancy. Mine is just a chest freezer and I'm using picnic taps until I get some time to build it how I want.

I have a question. Does yours get condensation inside? Is there anyway other than regularly mopping it up to get rid of it?

They all get condensation to one degree or another. The best way to combat it is to make sure your seals are as tight as possible (caulking all seams, making sure your shank fittings are screwed on tight, good weather stripping etc), but most important is to keep it closed as much as possible. Some people use DampRid, or Evadry. I recently read somewhere that people are using kitty litter in socks hung from the lid with quite a bit of success. I'll likely use that method. Cheers!

Back