Wake up at 2AM or 4AM if had too much homebrew ... melatnonin GABA tryptophan ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
Hm anyone have trouble kind of waking up quite early and not being able to quite get back to sleep after homebrew starts to wear off? Usually this indicates a thyroid and/or adrenal problem but if it happens only homebrew I'm not sure.

Usually I take 3mg of melatonin, sometimes including a bit of GABA and tryptophan. I will say - if you take enough of those - it will knock you completely unconcious for a good 10 hours if you're not careful. The dreams are extremely vivid and sometimes really odd ...

tryptophan? You need to ease up a touch with that man, there's just no future in it. If you're having trouble sleeping seek out some sticky green to help calm your nerves a bit. That said, I do have trouble getting back to sleep after waking up early like that at times too.. a couple of consults with the green dragon and some help from mrs-hb and i'm sleeping like a baby again whether my thyroid's got anything to say about it or not. Either way though, to answer your question, I doubt we can blame it on the homebrew.

That's a good point man, sticky he has always liked in the past, and in recent years it has become less of an issue to be well caught with if the quantities are low enough and such. Hm well he has a few bottles of tryptophan in the fridge just in case to tide over, the melatonin that stuff can be very powerful. GABA is weird, if he takes it and doesn't get into bed soon enough he finds himself standing somewhere strange in the house moaning a bit not quite sure why he is where he is and wondering how to get to his bed ...

That's a good point man, sticky he has always liked in the past, and in recent years it has become less of an issue to be well caught with if the quantities are low enough and such. Hm well he has a few bottles of tryptophan in the fridge just in case to tide over, the melatonin that stuff can be very powerful. GABA is weird, if he takes it and doesn't get into bed soon enough he finds himself standing somewhere strange in the house moaning a bit not quite sure why he is where he is and wondering how to get to his bed ...

hence the help from mrs-porcupine.

:mug:

Back