Wait for a starter or pitch right away?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iverasp

Reaction score
Hi,

I did not plan my first batch very well and did not make a yeast starter before making the wort. Can I let the wort sit in its bucket, make a starter and pitch in a couple of days or would it be better to just pitch right now without the starter (liquid yeast, WLP300)?

O.G. is 1.060, about 4.5 gallons (17 liters). It's supposed to end up as a hefeweizen.

Thanks guys :) Can't wait to taste the brew, hoping to re-experience a beer hall in Munich

Just as a side note; Take some of your Wort Next time near the end of your boil and put it into a Sanitary glass Jar/ with loose lid (for gas)...

See how long it takes for it to start fermenting / souring. You'd be suprized when it starts bubbling / foaming in 2-7 days... (bad juju floating all over the place and it all ends up in what you believe is sterile wort in your fermenter); Hence the reason you want to get 75-100 Billion or more of you closet friends in there sooner then later... they take over....

Back