Visiting the San Francisco Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of hidden?

I was standing at the intersection for a good 5 minutes wondering if the place had moved or went out of business or something.

Ha, I always look down Grant for the key logo above the door. Should have been more clear on the "kind of hidden" part :D

Construction at Russian River is finished. Back bar area looks much better.

Also, they raised prices on all their beer by $.25.

Construction at Russian River is finished. Back bar area looks much better.

Also, they raised prices on all their beer by $.25.
They also raised their to-go beer prices. Pliny is now $5.25/bottle. Growler glass is now $9.00 and fills are $15.00.

Especially for when I just wanted to stop in an grab a bottle. So easy to just hand over a $5 and walk out. Now I have to wait for change, as I don't hand out quarters for the already stated laundry reasons.

ah, the ever-increasing price of convenience. at least they (usually) have it available. bottle barn used to be my go-to spot, especially since they were selling it for $4 per, but it's super inconsistent and sells out quickly. first world problems.

ah, the ever-increasing price of convenience. at least they (usually) have it available. bottle barn used to be my go-to spot, especially since they were selling it for $4 per, but it's super inconsistent and sells out quickly. first world problems.
You can't even really bet on the pub having it anymore. I was there about a week and a half ago, and all they had were bottles of Supplication. Didn't even have Damnation or Redemption. They better be stocking up for Younger, or else PtE and Blind Pig will hit temporary whale status ;)

You can't even really bet on the pub having it anymore. I was there about a week and a half ago, and all they had were bottles of Supplication. Didn't even have Damnation or Redemption. They better be stocking up for Younger, or else PtE and Blind Pig will hit temporary whale status ;)

they had an entire fridge-ful behind the bar yesterday, bottled 01/10/14. so, I bought six, drank a beat, ate a grilled cheese + Caesar, and asked Amir where his favorite customer was...

I had a great experience at Ales Unlimited in San Francisco when I visited ~1.5 years ago. I didn't see it on the list, so I wanted to mention it.

I had a great experience at Ales Unlimited in San Francisco when I visited ~1.5 years ago. I didn't see it on the list, so I wanted to mention it.
Agreed. They're pretty pricey, but they fly under the radar. It's also the only place I've ever seen shelf Fou Foune in the last six years.

Agreed. They're pretty pricey, but they fly under the radar. It's also the only place I've ever seen shelf Fou Foune in the last six years.
I wasn't familiar with local prices, so the pricey-ness was probably lost on me. Still, I was able to walk in and grab 3F Geuze and Kriek, Bourbon Angel's Share, RR stuff, and more. And I could have gotten a lot of others if I had more $$$, too.

At the pub? Bummer. But I guess if Almanac can charge $10, Vinnie might feel like he's leaving money on the table.
At the pub yes, was there yesterday. I usually buy my bottles at calmart which used to sell Pliny for 4.75 and sours for 12, both of which haven't been there since the price change, so it'll be interesting to see if they also raise the prices.
Any thoughts on younger pricing?

At the pub yes, was there yesterday. I usually buy my bottles at calmart which used to sell Pliny for 4.75 and sours for 12, both of which haven't been there since the price change, so it'll be interesting to see if they also raise the prices.
Any thoughts on younger pricing?

Thoughts, or guesses? If they've announced a price increase, I haven't seen it and have no thoughts.

Guesses? Well, I think they're trying to tame back the crowds a bit with the limit. A price increase would make sense in keeping with their other beers. I skipped RR last year and will do so again this year. Just not worth it.

I wasn't in the state for last years, and have no clue what they charged in the past. Especially since they have a 3 per limit, my best guess is $10 per beer. This wouldn't surprise me at all.
My plan is to get there around 5 am on Monday (10th) to beat the weekend crowd and get a spot at the bar.
Then follow up at toronado when it reaches there.

I'm basing my prediction partly on the ffac and beat releases/prices, but again, you can't trade younger :)

I wasn't in the state for last years, and have no clue what they charged in the past. Especially since they have a 3 per limit, my best guess is $10 per beer. This wouldn't surprise me at all.
My plan is to get there around 5 am on Monday (10th) to beat the weekend crowd and get a spot at the bar.
10 ounce glass of Younger has always cost the same as a pint of Elder which means it should cost $4.75.

I'm sure it'll be listed on mybeercollectib
10 ounce glass of Younger has always cost the same as a pint of Elder which means it should cost $4.75.
but this is 2014 bro :).

If you are correct my wallet will thank you.

Younger will not be $10 at the pub. That would require them doubling the price. That's not happening.

Younger will not be $10 at the pub. That would require them doubling the price. That's not happening.
Cool I'm glad. But hypothesize with me a little- do you honestly think they wouldn't sell all of it at that $10 per in the same relative time frame as it being $4.75?

Cool I'm glad. But hypothesize with me a little- do you honestly think they wouldn't sell all of it at that $10 per in the same relative time frame as it being $4.75?
Of course they'd sell all of it. But that's not how Vinnie and Natalie roll. They try to keep their beer affordable for people. Just look at how they pulled distro of Pliny for accounts that were jacking up the prices.

True that. They are certainly capitalists, but not of the variety to hold people upside down by the ankles and shake out the change out of their pockets.

Prices for Pliny and BP bottles went up at Bottle Barn from 3.99 to 4.49
At a local grocery store, it went from 4.39 to 4.99

I will be in town this weekend. Are there any bottle shops that consistently stock Cascade?

I saw several Cascade bottles (Kriek, Apricot, Vine) at Healthy Spirits and Ales Unlimited last weekend. Whole Foods may have some too.

I will be in town this weekend. Are there any bottle shops that consistently stock Cascade?
They ship to CA as well, so if you want any sort of quantity (6+) that's definitely the way to go.

Anybody know of a place for food and good beer near Bottom of the Hill? I'm going there for a show tonight. The Speakeasy taproom isn't too far, but it closes at 8, and I'm not leaving Santa Rosa until 6. Seems like that would be cutting it way to close.

Anybody know of a place for food and good beer near Bottom of the Hill? I'm going there for a show tonight. The Speakeasy taproom isn't too far, but it closes at 8, and I'm not leaving Santa Rosa until 6. Seems like that would be cutting it way to close.
The Whole Foods has a solid bar. It's a little bit of a hike, but walkable.

Edit - it's a 0.4 mile walk down 17th.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back