[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only know two ways of making the pi refresh its screen. I tell it to reboot, or I have to pour a beer. Is it possible to have a button on the admin page that will refresh the host's display?
I am assuming this screen is attached to the pi and not a network screen (I have a fixed tablet that just displays the webpage)

So we could just add the following to admin\tap_list.php ~line 95

// Refreshes connected pages
if(isset($config[ConfigNames::AutoRefreshLocal]) && $config[ConfigNames::AutoRefreshLocal]){
exec(__DIR__."/../includes/refresh.sh");
}

1615812848842.png

that call a script that forces any open browser to refresh (if the config is set to do that)

145,29 which is the equivalent of gallons from 550litres. What unit should i use to calibrate?
I can see a path in the code that would output gallons if gallons were the selected display unit, but from the screenshots ml should be the selected display unit that is why everything else shows ml as the unit.

So I need some more information if you could run these 2 sql queries and report the results

SELECT * FROM raspberrypints.pours where tapId = 1 order by createdDate desc Limit 1;
SELECT configValue FROM config WHERE configName ='DisplayUnitVolume';

Either through phpmyadmin or through the terminal
for the terminal run
sudo mysql
use <databasename>
SELECT * FROM raspberrypints.pours where tapId = 1 order by createdDate desc Limit 1;
hit enter
SELECT configValue FROM config WHERE configName ='DisplayUnitVolume';
hit enter

I am really sorry, but you lost me at sql...
Could you descibe this in more detail please?

I am really sorry, but you lost me at sql...
Could you descibe this in more detail please?
Open the terminal (command line)
1615841628407.png
-NOTE: instructions to type are surrounded by " do not type the "
type "sudo mysql"
hit enter
type "show databases;"
hit enter
(this will list all available databases, one should be called something like RaspberryPints)
type use "<the name of the database like RaspberryPints (capitalization matters)>"
hit enter
type "SELECT * FROM raspberrypints.pours where tapId = 1 order by createdDate desc Limit 1;"
hit enter
Screen shot the output and post here
type "SELECT configValue FROM config WHERE configName ='DisplayUnitVolume';"
hit enter
Screen shot the output and post here

Here is the process on my test environment
1615841650634.png

1615841831161.png

1615841843903.png

Attachments

• 1615841804159.png
    1615841804159.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Like this?
perfect I figured out what is happening and will have a fix tomorrow.

Its that the tap has a metric unit but the calibration assumes imperial. so it was saving 550ml as .15 gallons then displaying .15gal as liters which is 150 ml

145,29 which is the equivalent of gallons from 550litres. What unit should i use to calibrate?
The fix is in. The issue specifically only affect the last pour logic and not the calibration logic.

You can rerun the script and select the Update option or try hitting the Get Latest RPints button on the install page on the Admin section
1615896433107.png

Thank you for your effort!

Superquick update, just a couple of seconds, have not tried to calibrate yet, propably not untill the weekend.

But take a look at the top and the bottom keg, those are all 5gallon/19litre kegs:

51439F0F-E0F3-4CDA-BB41-07AF44B02B57.jpeg

those are all 5gallon/19litre kegs:
hmm that doesnt look right, but those values are set directly from the start amount and current amount on the tap page. If those match that then you need to adjust if they dont match then i need to look into what is setting them seperately
1615920450322.png

I adjusted them fine now, but those where changed by the update.

Still getting some ghost pours aswell, and cannot see where it could be a bad connection.

Maybe loadcells is a better solution?

Howdy everyone! I wanted to thank @RandR+ , @day_trippr , and everyone in this thread for all of the awesome work!!
I'm currently using Kegbot and I'm looking to move away from it. I've got RPints installed and running. I was wondering if anyone can help getting my Particle Photon working? I selected the correct prompts during the install script. My logs show that MQTT is up and running without issue. I've never worked with MQTT so I have no idea if any additional steps are needed there. I've searched this thread and google and have come up empty in terms of getting this Photon configured. I see this post #4926 by @bscuderi but there isn't much detail in how he got it working. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

-Cheers!

I am back with another stupid question :D

For the temp sensor and PIR, does it matter which GPIO i connect them to?
Have to make holes in the case for the connectors, so it would be easier and look better if i could connect everything in the same area.

Thanks, gpio4 is fine, then i can just use 14 for the PIR and everything is golden with 3.3v and 5v plus ground being in the same area.

Howdy everyone! I wanted to thank @RandR+ , @day_trippr , and everyone in this thread for all of the awesome work!!
I'm currently using Kegbot and I'm looking to move away from it. I've got RPints installed and running. I was wondering if anyone can help getting my Particle Photon working? I selected the correct prompts during the install script. My logs show that MQTT is up and running without issue. I've never worked with MQTT so I have no idea if any additional steps are needed there. I've searched this thread and google and have come up empty in terms of getting this Photon configured. I see this post #4926 by @bscuderi but there isn't much detail in how he got it working. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

-Cheers!

I've been trying to feel my way through all of this. One thing I noticed in the flowmonitor script was what appears to be a call to flash a .ino file. I've tried to:
1. Load into Particle IDE, but it throws an error looking for a file thats not there.
2. I put the Photon in to DFU mode, connected to the pi, rebooted, and tried:
a. restarted flowmonitor from the RPints console
b. manually ran the python script from the CLI

Still no luck.

Anyone that can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Getting this Photon working is the last piece of the puzzle I need to get working.

Many thanks!

Anyone that can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Getting this Photon working is the last piece of the puzzle I need to get working.
unfortunately I have not done anything with photon besides getting RPints to listen to the MQTT.
Im not sure what code is needed to get the photon working and sending to the MQTT

@bscuderi is the one that asked for the MQTT and has the photon code

Come to think of a thing now that i am hooking up a motion sensor:

Does anyone remember the old screensaver (maybe Win 95?) with the guy roaming around on a deserted island? Could that be installed on a Pi and used on Rpints?

seems pretty straight forward, would it work with Rpints?
Since its actually a webpage you could put in a timer that if a pour or motion isnt registered in xx seconds switch to that webpage, then on Motion Sense switch back to the main list.

It would be a little work to do mostly getting the hooks from the PIR to the webpage to indicate motion.
They way i would do it is save the last motion time into the database then on the main Rpints page timer check if the last pour time or last motion time was in configuration seconds and if not then switch webpages. I would then replicate that check in xesf/castaways main index.html and if either time is within the configuration seconds switch to the main Rpints page

I discovered another small glitch, no big deal, but when i enter 4°C kegging temp, it displays -15.55555555°C.

4°F is -15.55555555°C.

I discovered another small glitch, no big deal, but when i enter 4°C kegging temp, it displays -15.55555555°C.
i tried and couldn't reproduce with my default settings. Are you entering it on the keg screen, the tap screen for default or the tap screen for a specific tap?

Could you hit the backup button on the install page then post the file that was outputted to <Install Path>/sql/backups here?
Most likely <Install Path> is /var/www/html/

1616332226774.png

I can use that to recreate your database locally and try again.

Attachments

• 1616332022234.png
    1616332022234.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 5
Would love to, however i cannot enter any websites on the Pi, as Chromium just gives me the options of Rpints and Chrome market. I dont see the adress field at all, so i really dont know how i can upload the file.

Would love to, however i cannot enter any websites on the Pi
Its ok i think i see the issue.
Did you start by entering the temp as Fahrenheit then change to Celsius? I think what is happening is that its not actually updating the value its keeping it at 4F in the database then displaying -15C.

I should have a fix sometime today

No, never used Fahrenheit, changed to metric units as soon as i got it up and running
hmm, i still think the issue is that it it isnt updating to 4C. I made a change to make sure the value is saved per keg if the default settings is not used
as in the Only Use Defaults needs to be unchecked
1616423916246.png

See if you get ghost pours from a meter with its beer QD disconnected from the keg...

Cheers!

This seems to be the issue, is there a workaround other then putting check valves in the lines?

RandR: the last update fixed the temp issue, thanks again for you dedication, highly apreciated.

This seems to be the issue, is there a workaround other then putting check valves in the lines?

RandR: the last update fixed the temp issue, thanks again for you dedication, highly apreciated.

So i tried to put a check valve on one tap, that did not help, still getting ghost pours on that tap. Acuracy is not the best either.

Does anyone get acurate readings without ghostpours with the SF800 sensors?

Does anyone get acurate readings without ghostpours with the SF800 sensors?
I'm chasing these myself. They are exceptionally sensitive meters. My next thing to try will be a sort of “S” bend, with the meter horizontal. Right now, they are vertical, which I think adds to the chances of it happening.

Hello
I have scored a raspberrypi B+, arduino ala mode, and two flow meters. I am very new to this and am looking for direction to set this up. Can anyone direct me to msgs that will help?
Many thanks!
Cliff

Can anyone direct me to msgs that will help?
For the software
from the terminal run
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

this will download and run the script that will take you through installation
Once installed you can go to the taps section on the admin page and define the pins used by the flow meters.

as for the wiring this section from should hopefully get you started, you can use
Step 9: Configure Pi Hardware For Flow Meters W/Flow Meters - RaspberryPints
1616937562228.png

Attachments

• 1616937512339.png
    1616937512339.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 1
[...]Does anyone get acurate readings without ghostpours with the SF800 sensors?

[raises hand] Exquisitely accurate, across all six faucets, thanks. Most likely a reflection of a highly stable dispensing environment sans significant temperature swings, which reduces outgassing to a minimum.

Which is not to say I've never experienced ghost pours, but in the seven years since I first put my flow meters into service they have rarely amounted to even nuisance level, and as a result a keg typically kicks within one pour of the tap list showing "empty"...

Cheers!

I am really considering load sensors instead, are the cheap ones with HX711 on Ebay acurate?

In my head weight should be a superior way to know whats on the keg, but i might be wrong?

Back