[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then again...holy cow!
Clearly those four wall hangings were posted well before my reply but I never saw a trace of them prior to this moment :drunk:
Anyway...Lee will have to have a look through that morass...

Cheers! (And, Yikes!)

On other fronts...folks with flow meters might appreciate this paradigm: wondering exactly when a keg will kick vs the remaining volume shown before that last pour, and having it blow foam at exactly 0 ounces remaining.

taplist_24dec2019.jpg

Cheers! (I love this rig! :D)

2019-12-24 10:39:56 ERROR: PHP test failed.
Dec 24 10:33:25 raspberrypi apachectl[28261]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80

Dec 24 10:33:25 raspberrypi apachectl[28261]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

specifically the script couldn't find /var/www/html/test.php using Apache because Apache failed to start after installation because port 80 was in use. Is this a clean install or do you have a different web server installed?

specifically the script couldn't find /var/www/html/test.php using Apache because Apache failed to start after installation because port 80 was in use. Is this a clean install or do you have a different web server installed?
Thanks for the reply @RandR+

I already have Fermentrack running on the same Raspberry Pi. Is there a away around this issue?

\var\log\rpints.log

Thanks, i've checked there but it's not adding anything

2019-12-26 13:30:25 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2019-12-26 13:30:26 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...
2019-12-26 13:30:27 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2019-12-26 13:30:28 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...
2019-12-26 13:30:29 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...

Is there a away around this issue?
I'm not sure of the top of my head, I think there is a different thread someplace on it but not sure.

Technically there should be a work around by adding the raspberrypints web home to the web server config but I don't know how to with fermentrack. Its on a list to look into and add into the install script

How do I find the default username and password to log into the admin page?
It prompts you for a user and password. but by default the user is admin and no password (type admin in the user and try to login)

If that doesn't work Ill walk you through the terminal commands to find and restart

It prompts you for a user and password. but by default the user is admin and no password (type admin in the user and try to login)

If that doesn't work Ill walk you through the terminal commands to find and restart

Never mind.... it worked. I left username and password blank and just clicked log in. Feel like a dummy.

Randr: I like the new beer srm images and all of the updated admin stuff.
If I run your new script with the curl L.... line will I still retain all the changes I’ve made? Fonts, sizes, etc? Or will I need to redo all of this?

Thanks for the reply @RandR+

I already have Fermentrack running on the same Raspberry Pi. Is there a away around this issue?

Seems to me there are a few ways around this issue. I take it Fermentrack is auto starting. Do you want both Fermentrack and Raspberry Pints running at startup? If so, modify the startup bash script to launch RPints.

If desire one or the other, modify the startup bash script to ask what is desired to run and then launch either Fermentrack or RPints based on the reply.

sorry run the following from the terminal
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon restart

then check the log
Thanks, i'm now getting this :)
2019-12-26 19:11:20 RPINTS: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyS0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyS0'
2019-12-26 19:11:21 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2019-12-26 19:11:21 RPINTS: resetting alamode
2019-12-26 19:11:22 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...

Has anyone gotten a wheatstone load cell configuration with an hx711 amplifier working with remaining keg volumes? It appears to be an option but may still be being worked on?

I have the digital menu all up running, even have hx711py running and showing me values in the terminal. Just not sure how to get those values to show in the web interface.

line will I still retain all the changes I’ve made? Fonts, sizes, etc? Or will I need to redo all of this?
I created an option to display the new SRM images, but if you changed any file that was updated then the updates would need to be wiped out to apply my changes. In fact the update might fail because you have manual changes because of the way Git does it.

I would make a copy of the directory then run the update and then compare to see if any changes got wiped out

Just not sure how to get those values to show in the web interface.
I did the code for that but didn't actually have them to test it. There is a configuration page for them that you can setup what pin is what tap. I will have to go back and review as I don't remember very much of it.

I created an option to display the new SRM images, but if you changed any file that was updated then the updates would need to be wiped out to apply my changes. In fact the update might fail because you have manual changes because of the way Git does it.

I would make a copy of the directory then run the update and then compare to see if any changes got wiped out

Sounds good. I’ll back up and give it a try. Thanks a lot!

I did the code for that but didn't actually have them to test it. There is a configuration page for them that you can setup what pin is what tap. I will have to go back and review as I don't remember very much of it.

@RandR+ In FlowMonitor.py starting on line 559 (class LoadCellCheckThread). It looks like there are two commented sections under "def tare" and "def getWeight" that are still listed as #TODO.

I have load cells calibrated outside my keezer weighing a semi filled keg with little to no drift. If it would help, I can either give you remote access to the pi running your latest version or can box the hx711, load cells, and platform and send it to you for testing.

It looks like there are two commented sections under "def tare" and "def getWeight" that are still listed as #TODO.
Yep I just remembered I just put in the logic to be able to get weight but not the actually logic to poll the load cells.

Remote access will be useful once I get the code for the HX711 done probably a couple of days depending on my work load, when I can do is send you the update when its ready then you test and if any issue arise then we can start remote connection talks

Remote access will be useful once I get the code for the HX711 done probably a couple of days depending on my work load, when I can do is send you the update when its ready then you test and if any issue arise then we can start remote connection talks

Rock and roll! I got excited after loading up your version and saw the load cell section in FlowMonitor.py. I have a few more sets of load cells coming and trying to put something together that can monitor the 8 taps in the keezer that looks prettier than a few numbers kicked out of a cli.

Was there an error in the install script? What Version of Raspbian are you using?

If you open the Arduino IDE can you select port ttyS0 under Tools->Serial Port
Aha, it seems at least that i can't open Arduino IDE tried installing it but nothing has changed

Last edited:
Been looking for a simple-ish RPi project to get my feet wet... Putting together a shopping list/cart. The RPi 3B+ says it has built in wifi - do I still need a USB wifi adapter? The parts list calls for a SD card - I believe the 3B+ uses a Micro SD card - is that correct? Last question for now... If I get a small RPi touchscreen will I still need a USB keyboard/mouse? Can I use my PC to setup and then get by with the touch screen?

Thanks!

I used to command curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints/master/util/installRaspberryPints | sudo bash

and seemed to get a long way through the install process as per the following log but got an error. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Just guessing by the name similarity: I suspect you have Fermentrack installed? If so you're a no-go and without some knowledge you won't be able to get both running at the same time. Fermentrack runs nginx and RPints uses Apache2.

Okay found the instructions on the RaspberryPints website. Got to an error (unzip: cannot find or open RaspberryPints-2.0.1.zip, RaspberryPints-2.01.0zip.zip or RaspberryPints-2.0.1.zip.ZIP) when trying to figure out how to unzip it. Any ideas?

Okay found the instructions on the RaspberryPints website. Got to an error (unzip: cannot find or open RaspberryPints-2.0.1.zip, RaspberryPints-2.01.0zip.zip or RaspberryPints-2.0.1.zip.ZIP) when trying to figure out how to unzip it. Any ideas?
RPints is dead as far as the original project goes, although there are some folks supporting branches of it (that's not bad, just saying the website you hit is not a good source of info.) Here's one link in this thread. I'm not claiming one branch is better than the other, this was just the first one I saw going backward.

Back