[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tindriver72,

I updated GitHub with a style change to make the tap-circle a fixed pixel size, it looks the same on mine, but might correct the stretching on yours.

Also added a vertical display option, not sure if it will look good with long names\descriptions but its there. Right now I don't have a good way to update the database with the new option so you will have to run the sql inside update.sql manually to get the new option.

As for ABV, it is expressed in picture form by default not in plain text. There is in option called Show ABV Images that will change it to display plain text. In your screenshot the last column indicates ABV by the amount of "beer" in the glasses. A low alcohol beer will have less then a full glass, a very high alcohol beer will have 2 full and a tipped over glass.

I saw it lacked a column header so I checked that into GitHub to help.

Thanks RandR,

Yesterday I was able to get the tap # column to correct itself. I turned off all of the columns and starting turning them back on and voila. But now I can't get the tasting notes to show up no matter what the position of the switch.

I also couldn't get it to spread out for the entire width of the screen, so I added a bunch of .............. after the name. That seemed to work for now. It looks good and it's up and running.

Is there a way to set the width of the name/tasting notes column? I couldn't find were to put it in the style.ccs

IMG_4120.JPG

tindriver72,

Sorry for the wait, sometimes you find yourself sitting on the Rhine drinking Kolsch and don't want to do anything else.

I update my style.css in GitHub to get the name\description to fill the screen.

Essentially, had to move .beername to the top of the file and change the width to 100%.

tindriver72,

Sorry for the wait, sometimes you find yourself sitting on the Rhine drinking Kolsch and don't want to do anything else.

I update my style.css in GitHub to get the name\description to fill the screen.

Essentially, had to move .beername to the top of the file and change the width to 100%.

Which style.css is used? The one in the main dir or the one in /includes?

Chuck

Hi there... thanks for all the great info on here...I have managed to get it running on raspberry jessie on my Rpi3... Im a total noob at this but learning as im going along. I manage to get register pours with a cheap flow meter, the adafruit one (https://www.adafruit.com/product/828) but would lie to replace them with food grade flow meters (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/flow-sensors-switches-indicators/5114772/ ) problem is they not seem to be working, cant see any output when looking at the serial in arduino after loading the raspberrypints.ino file. Pretty sure they are connected up correctly and works fine if i load the kegberry. Have checked pins correlate with the ino file. Is there anything i must change somewhere? whats different between the outputs of the adafruit and the new flow meter outputs ? using Arduino Uno board and raspberryPi3 running jessie
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated​

Last edited:
Hello all I am totally new to Raspberry pi and trying to install on a Rpi3b+ I and following RandR+'s install and instructions. However when I try to move pints I get the following reponse:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo mv RaspberryPints-master/* /var/www/html/
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/admin' to '/var/www/html/admin': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/arduino' to '/var/www/html/arduino': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/img' to '/var/www/html/img': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/includes' to '/var/www/html/includes': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/install' to '/var/www/html/install': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/maintenance_scripts' to '/var/www/html/maintenance_scripts': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/pours' to '/var/www/html/pours': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/python' to '/var/www/html/python': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/sql' to '/var/www/html/sql': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'RaspberryPints-master/util' to '/var/www/html/util': Directory not empty

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo mv RaspberryPints-master/* /var/www/html/

Instead of mv use
cp -r RaspberryPints-master/* /var/www/html/

this will copy the files instead of moving then, then you can delete the master directory manually

I tried that and got no response and when I go to localhost it is still the default Apache2 page.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo cp -r RaspberryPints-master/* /var/www/html/
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

However when I do the following it shows me it in on Apache:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd /var/www/html
pi@raspberrypi:/var/www/html $ ls -al
total 1076
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 4096 Jul 1 15:25 .
drwxrwxrwx 14 root root 4096 Jul 1 15:55 ..
drwxrwxrwx 9 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 admin
drwxrwxrwx 3 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 arduino
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 197 Jul 2 18:16 bootstrap.sh
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 16958 Jul 2 18:16 favicon.ico
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 4219 Jul 2 18:16 functions.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 2214 Jul 2 18:16 high-res.css
drwxrwxrwx 8 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 img
drwxrwxrwx 4 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 includes
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10701 Jul 1 14:25 index.html
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 6299 Jul 2 18:16 index.php
drwxrwxrwx 4 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 install
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 9754 Jul 2 18:16 instructions - stretch.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 4665 Jul 2 18:16 instructions.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 34598 Jul 2 18:16 LICENSE.md
drwxrwxrwx 2 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 maintenance_scripts
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 16958 Jul 2 18:16 pint.ico
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 879854 Jul 2 18:16 pints-screenshot.png
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 1536 Jul 2 18:16 pour.php
drwxrwxrwx 2 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 pours
drwxrwxrwx 3 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 python
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 2121 Jul 2 18:16 README.md
drwxrwxrwx 2 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 sql
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 5987 Jul 2 18:16 style-aftv.css
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 8777 Jul 2 18:16 style.css
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 1950 Jul 2 18:16 UPDATES.MD
drwxrwxrwx 2 pi pi 4096 Jun 25 03:25 util
-rwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 624 Jul 2 18:16 Vagrantfile
pi@raspberrypi:/var/www/html $

delete the index.html file from the html directory.

apache is setup to search for a default webpage and it is picking that one over index.php (which is RP)

I tried that and got no response and when I go to localhost it is still the default Apache2 page.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo cp -r RaspberryPints-master/* /var/www/html/
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www

Probably not part of this error but it looks like you copied the files to the /var/www/html/ folder but only changed folder permissions on the /var/www/ folder. You may want to run it on the files in the html subfolder too.

I had done that as stated in a previous step of the instructions, however I received the statement that it was not there. Is there another command that I can use besides
delete the index.html file from the html directory.

apache is setup to search for a default webpage and it is picking that one over index.php (which is RP)
I had done that as stated in a previous step of the instructions, however I received the statement that it was not there. Is there another command that I can use besides the following:
This one’s pretty easy. Type:

sudo rm /var/www/index.html

If you get an error message stating that the file was not found, you can safely disregard it.
Thanks

I continue to get this response:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo rm /var/www/index.html
rm: cannot remove '/var/www/index.html': No such file or directory

Aren't you pointing to the wrong folder? Your earlier post shows you rooted the R'Pints kit at /var/www/html.

So try sudo rm /var/www/html/index.html

fyi, the Jessie kit came with a version of Apache2 that had the default DocumentRoot set to /var/www/html.
Prior (eg: Wheezy) kits had an older version of Apache2 that had the default DocumentRoot set to /var/www...

Cheers!

Thanks day_trippr that got me past that hurdle. Now I am running into the same problem as Tin.
+ Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...
Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'chad@'%''@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/html/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 65
Success!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!

Cannot connect the the database using the supplied information.

Please press the back button on your browser to fix these errors

I downloaded RandR+'s files from github on Sunday if that helps.
Thanks again.

We've seen this behavior with this hacked R'Pints. Go back to around post 3608 and I bet you can replay everything you're seeing.
Evidently the author needs to work with you to resolve your user/password issue...

Cheers!

Thanks day_trippr that got me past that hurdle. Now I am running into the same problem as Tin.
Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'chad@'%''@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/html/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 65
Thanks again.

'chad@'%''@'localhost' doesn't look right there shouldn't be two @ symbols in the name.

What did you put for your root user in the install/index.php page?

'chad@'%''@'localhost' doesn't look right there shouldn't be two @ symbols in the name.

What did you put for your root user in the install/index.php page?
So my code should look this?
MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER Chad IDENTIFIED BY Password;
?

So my code should look this?
MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER Chad IDENTIFIED BY Password;
?

No it should be CREATE USER Chad@'%' IDENTIFIED BY Password;

but when you go to the webpage and its prompting for root user you should only enter Chad not Chad@'%'

It works. Thanks to all that helped. RanR+'s version certainly works on Stretch, the error was my issue not his code. Now to get flowmeters connected and installed.

I went to download and setup the software now but I get an error message that the hosting account has been suspended. Is there a mirror available?

So there is no doubt RaspBerry Pints needs to be remade as it is now just a month shy of 4 years old! I however do not have the time in my life right now to do something like this as a fun project. If this were to be remade but as a paid version with tiers, would everyone loose interest if this were to happen?

There are some big changes that could be released in a full revamp and we could build what that looks like right here. I fully understand if the allure of RaspBerry Pints is the DIY and free aspect of it. However the remake could also be MUCH MUCH simpler to setup and get running.

Thoughts?

Welcome back, Shawn! It's certainly been awhile :D

I'm ok with wherever folks want to nudge you as worst-case it's unlikely to affect my own implementation. I basically look at my trusty setup as an appliance with no need to chase changes just because they happened. I have my operational system and its hot-standby clone still running on Wheezy. I also have R'Pints working under Jessie on a bunch of test hosts (Zero W, 2B and a 3B+) but that was mostly to help answer questions from new users. I don't expect to migrate the "production" machines as there's no real gain to be had there.

All that said, if there a new package with a truly compelling feature set I'd certainly give it due consideration.
But it would have to be epic :D

Cheers!

Thanks. I downloaded your installer file from page 90, updated the script to php 7.0 but I get an error message that says "ERROR: Site phpadmin does not exist"

Is that a direct copy and paste of the error? the installer should be looking for phpmyadmin not phpadmin.

Also if you don't plan on using phpmyadmin then you can just remove it from the list. I personally use MySQL workbench

One other thing is that the github repo (~line 63) in the setup is set to the official version, but if you are using Stretch as your OS it will not work because off depreciated calls.

I would pay for it, I would even pay for a board already built and loaded, so all I had to do was plug in a monitor

Any plans to update the code to be compatible with php7? The only real changes are to mysql_query and mysql_result that are now deprecated in php 7. Nevermind would help if I read the forum

Last edited:
Is there a "best orientation" for adafruit flowmeters? When I first calibrated my flowmeters all 4 were accurate within 5-10% but I have since noticed that some of them report up to 2x (seems like almost always ~2x) the amount sometimes (I need to do more investigation to figure out if they are changing when I swap kegs, move tubing, etc). I am wondering if it has to do with the orientation of the meters (inlet up, inlet down, sideways, etc).

Last edited:
Quick question - I keep seeing soddering mentioned on this forum but I don't see anything in the instructions where I need to sodder anything (am using flow meters)? Also, where does it show how much beer is left on the UI? I was guessing that was the purpose of the flow meters or do I have go into the backend to see that?

Soldering is required if you use the AlaMode shield atop a Raspberry Pi as shown in the original "with flow meters" installation procedure. If you use an Arduino Uno no soldering is necessary.

Poured/remaining volumes are shown directly on the tap list screen if flow meters are enabled via the management page...

Cheers!

I'm running into some issues getting LAMP installed when using:

sudo apt-get -y install apache2 php5 mysql-client mysql-server php5-mysql phpmyadmin

I get the error that package php5 and php5-mysql are unavailable and do not have installation candidates. From what I am reading on other forums is that php5 isn't supported anymore so it will not install. Is there a way to get php5 otherwise or can I use the more recent version without issues? Any help would be much appreciated, I am trying to get this operational by next weekend. Thanks!

Back