Vendors.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So life has been very busy, I was unable to brew for a bit and my 4 tap keggerator for the first time in 8 years went to 2 flowing. It was time to brew again a lot, So I went to BMW and they had closed :( I defaulted to Austin Home Brew but then discovered they no longer support HBT. So I ended up spending a bunch of money at Northern Brewer. So is it crazy? I been around here for bit, and only support vendors who support HBT.
Thoughts?

I don't think it's crazy at all. I used to buy only from AHS before they changed things around.

Lately I've been buying from GreatFermentations and I've been very happy with them. Supporting HBT is a nice extra, but I wouldn't spend my money with them if the service wasn't up to snuff.

I just spent quite a bit at Northern Brewer, but I do try to "spread it around". I'm going to try HomeBrewSupply in the fall/winter when it's ok to buy yeast and have it sent all the way from Texas.

I don't have a local store at all, so I buy almost everything online or when I'm traveling.

So life has been very busy, I was unable to brew for a bit and my 4 tap keggerator for the first time in 8 years went to 2 flowing. It was time to brew again a lot, So I went to BMW and they had closed :( I defaulted to Austin Home Brew but then discovered they no longer support HBT. So I ended up spending a bunch of money at Northern Brewer. So is it crazy? I been around here for bit, and only support vendors who support HBT.
Thoughts?

Since, I don't see ads, I don't know who sponsors HBT these days. That said, Austin Homebrew is now owned by Adventures in Homebrewing, so if AIH is a sponsor, then technically AHS is too.

AIH does not appear to be, but that is good to know, because that explains why the AHB site isn't as good as it used to be in selection.

I started using ritebrew and I could almost swear I heard of them here,but doesnt show as a sponser.. Should be. Good prices and awesome shipping if your in the speed-dee area. Next day shipping for cheap. All in midwest should check out and see if we can get them to sponsor, Liquid yeast in ice pack shipped with 25# of other stuff from Green Bay to central il for less than $5 next day delivery (included $5 discount for over $75 order)

Back