Veg beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmbrewernw

Reaction score
Oh man last night we went to Atomic Ale here in Richland and I had one of the most awful beers I've had in a while. I ordered the blonde ale (102 last night going for something cool and refreshing) and ended up getting a under atenuated glass of cooked corn. I've heard bad things about their beers but dang that was bad. I wanted to talk to the brewer and give him some pointers. Has anyone ever gone to a brew pub and thought that they could do a better job? I'd like to help these guys out but I think I'd come off as an ass.

Yeah. That's what came to mind. Someone found an article from The Stranger about beer marketed that way. *shudder*

Hmm. I bet if the "brewmaster" is that bad he's not going to want to hear your advice. I, like probably most of you, have dreamed about opening a brewpub. However I wouldn't fathom doing it until I had my beers down pat, and I would absolutely perform better quality control than that. There is no reason for a beer that bad to get served.

I wonder if they're having trouble making ends meet. He might have known the beer was flawed but felt he couldn't afford to waste a batch.

Na I've heard that there quality control has always been suspect and they've been doing this since '95 or so. It's a popular place around here because there really isn't all that much in the way or cool eateries around here. I'm willing to guess that the brewer would say that he sells a lot of beer and he has no reason to change. I'm not sure that the general public really knows what a good and a bad beer is anyway. Usually in most brew pubs I'll see at least a couple of brewing comp awards and I didn't see any there. I've had there rye and there blonde now and they both where not in good condition. If it was me I would have never served that blonde ale. Ice Harbor Brewing in Kennewick makes fairly good beer so I think I'll spend my money there from now on. I guess the thing that irritated me the most is everyone I have talked to has said that Atomic Ale has great pizza, that wasn't even good. I guess I'm jaded from living in the Willamette Valley we had so many good breweries and pizza joints, damn you Richland!!!

Back