• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kentucky Various cigar box stir plates $50.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrowland74

Reaction score
These stir plates were made from cigar boxes. The speed is very adjustable. When the knob is turned all the way down, it is off. As you can see in the photos, you can have a small dimple, a large vortex, or anything in between. I did not glue down the magnet (included) so you can fine tune it based on your stir bar. Some say that the magnet must be glued down, but I have not yet had one move and like the ability to change magnet size if needed. I'll leave that up to you, though.

I will keep one picture of each available stir plate on this original post. Please scroll down to see additional pictures of each. The stir bar I use is 35mm x 9mm

$50 each, shipped to you (CONUS only). This price is firm. I have been making these because I have a lot of free time on my hands. I was injured at work and am not working nearly as many hours as I typically would. I found I truly enjoy making these to pass the time, and could also use a little money to help make ends meet since I can no longer work any overtime. I am really not making much profit on these, though. Just a small amount for my time. It's mostly just therapeutic. Thanks for looking!

*flask and stir bar not included

20150615_162000.jpg

Dose the power cord come with it? Ya I know dumb question....

For those interested in purchasing one of the stir plates from jrowland, I purchased one from hom a couple of months ago and can't say enough good things. Not only does it look great but it work better than the stir starter I already had. If you are on the fence about buying a commercially made one or one of these, I would go with this, great communication, fast shipping and great product

I just added one more. This one will probably sell quickly, so get it while you can!

Satisfied customer here: Mine shown here, is happily stirring a 1L starter, for a Red X ale, tomorrow as I type.

This has sold. I just had shoulder surgery, so I cannot build any at the moment. I predrilled some so I should be able to at least build those soon. As soon as I do, I will start a new thread. If you are interested, stick around here and I will post the link here. If you have a specific cigar brand you like, let me know and I will try to build it custom for you.

These are the next two I will be building. I hope to get to them in the next week. If you want to get a jump on them, I can take a "pre-order." I will get it built and sent to you as soon as possible, without sacrificing quality, of course...

20150714_170915.jpg

20150714_170923.jpg

20150714_170932.jpg

20150714_170951.jpg

20150714_170958.jpg

20150714_171104.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back