Vanilla Bean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcmb

Novice Brewer.....Thanks to Covid
Reaction score
Where do you all get your vanilla bean from? I got some from sprouts and it was about 5 bucks a bean. After I drank 4-5 beers i woke up this morning and I guess i made an etsy order for a vanilla bean plant

I get my beans (usually madagascar) from Beanilla. They are pricey, but are better (stronger flavor) than any others I've tried.

This post was a while ago. I have been happy with these beans.
Vanilla beans are a pretty expensive ingredient. I have used them in a porter and a stout. I'm planning a milkshake IPA so have been scouring the inter webs looking for my best option. I settled on 10 extract grade B pods from Vanilla Bean Kings (an Amazon seller). I have no affiliation with this company, just a customer. They arrived today and I am pleased with the product. Nice plump, moist beans well packaged, $1.90/bean. I purchased something similar from Vanilla Products USA before (another large Amazon seller) for a little less ($1.50/bean) but the quality did not seem as good to me. I can recommend this product. I will make a tincture/extract out of all of them so they should stay pretty well preserved for some time to come.

Where do you find vanilla beans and what are your purchase recommendations?

View attachment 660565 View attachment 660564

Back