Vanilla Amber beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adarelme

Reaction score
Hello again folks,
I’m on my 4th brew. I’ve done a 90 shilling, which turned out outstanding.
I’ve done a blue moon clone with 7.7 % abv bottled last night. Also have an Easy street wheat in primary right now.
My question is has anyone ever done a vanilla amber beer? I bought a kit last night for amber ale, and I’m thinking about adding 4 vanilla beans at secondary.
I’m thinking about cutting the beans in to fourths, soak it in rum for a few nights and throw it in with the wort for 2 weeks.
What I would like is to have more vanilla flavor in the beer. So can anyone add any advice on this

Thanks in advance
:mug:

4 is a lot. 2 weeks with 4 beans and I think you'll have a vanilla beer.

I also can't say I am a fan of an amber with vanilla. The thought sounds weird in my head.

It would probably taste like cream soda. Throw a little lactose in there and it would taste like creme brulee. I bet it would taste great, to be honest.

My wife loves the vanilla cream ale from Thomas Creek. hmm, may have to attempt that one next.

My wife loves the vanilla cream ale from Thomas Creek. hmm, may have to attempt that one next.

MMMMM thomas creek! I toured the brewery a few months ago. I love their beers especially the porter :)

I like their vanilla cream too. The vanilla is very subtle (a good thing). I was afriad I'd be dealing with a gigantic vanilla bomb.

Thomas Creek is a great place. I get all of my homebrew supplies there.

Latest posts

Back