Valve for CO2 and Nitrogen Cylinders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for CO2 and Nitrogen cylinder valve stems/head valves (not sure of the proper term)?

I'd like both CO2 and Nitrogen, if they're different.

I've purchased them from eBay.

Do a search for CGA320 for CO2 or CGA580 for N2.

You have to measure your cylinder to see what size valve you need. They come in a few different thread sizes. I recently found one that threaded into a 20 oz paintball tank. (rare)

Also...just a recomendation. Check with your Gas Supplier before getting the N2 valve. They may put beer mix in a tank equiped with a CO2 valve as well. Unless you feed a Gas Blender...the CO2 tank with Beer mix would work just as well...and you'd be able to use standard co2 regulators to feed your tanks.

Thanks, chuggs. Do you know if the ones for the 20 oz cylinders are the same model number?

The only place I've ever seen the valve to replace the pin valve on paintball tanks..was from a eBay seller that deals with paintball equipment...

WHEEL VALVE FOR 20 OZ CO2 TANK (5/8" NECK) CGA 320 - eBay (item 370194402694 end time Jun-11-09 10:32:00 PDT)

I don't know how long that link will remain valid??

The part the CO2 cylinder attaches to is the CGA320 standard...but there are different threat sizes for attachment to a tank. That's where you have to ask questions to make sure you're getting what you need.

There are a lot of Homebrew shops that sell an adapter that will go between a Standard Pinlock valve (paintball tank) and your CO2 regulator fitting. I just decided to go the extra step and replace the pin valve with the type of valve normally found on larger CO2 tanks...

I've been looking for some old links that I had come across when I purchased my 50# tank. They carried loose valves...I just can't seem to trigger the same search results on google. If I come across the link...I'll post it here.

Back