Vacationing in Florida. Where is the craft beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
I'm vacationing in Ft Walton, From Indiana. I thought the liquor laws in Indiana were bad but Florida is pretty weird. But most of all. Where is the craft beer. I've been to a grocery stores and liquor stores and no Cigar City in sight. Is it because I'm in a tourist trap? HELP ME not drink BMC.

Wine World and Beach Liquor both come up in a quick GIS. I know that Wine World in Panama City Beach usually has a decent selection. And bring me back a bottle or three of Last Snow by Funky Buddha..... :)

Wine World and Beach Liquor both come up in a quick GIS. I know that Wine World in Panama City Beach usually has a decent selection. And bring me back a bottle or three of Last Snow by Funky Buddha..... :)

I saw a wine world on the way onto the island. I will check it out sometime this week. And I will look for your funky buddha. No promise on it getting to you though😂

I'm vacationing in Ft Walton, From Indiana. I thought the liquor laws in Indiana were bad but Florida is pretty weird. But most of all. Where is the craft beer. I've been to a grocery stores and liquor stores and no Cigar City in sight. Is it because I'm in a tourist trap? HELP ME not drink BMC.

How how are Florida liquor laws weird?

I typed a search into our friend Google and came up with 10+ breweries within 2 hours of Ft Walton..Props Brewery and Pub is IN Ft Walton..There is one in Destin, just a short bit east, 3rd Planet Brewing in Niceville just north of you...It's a pretty long list..;) I know you weren't asking about breweries, but it should maybe help getting to the craft beer aisle! :mug:

I typed a search into our friend Google and came up with 10+ breweries within 2 hours of Ft Walton..Props Brewery and Pub is IN Ft Walton..There is one in Destin, just a short bit east, 3rd Planet Brewing in Niceville just north of you...It's a pretty long list..;) I know you weren't asking about breweries, but it should maybe help getting to the craft beer aisle! :mug:

Yeah Props brewing is really close to our condo, so I will hopefully be able to try them out.

Why are Florida laws weird?
You can buy cold beer and wine in grocery stores but you cannot buy liquor at them. The walmart has a liquor store connected to it, but you can't access it from the store. You have to go outside and then enter the liquor store from the street. Just very different from Indiana.

I saw a wine world on the way onto the island. I will check it out sometime this week. And I will look for your funky buddha. No promise on it getting to you though😂

Well....if you are driving north on I59 I can meet you at an exit in Gadsden or Birmingham depending on the day. :) They are probably out of it anyway. If you do find it, it's worth a try. :mug:

Back