Using wine bottle and zork for beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicknetzel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried zorks on wine bottles with beer in them? I'm using wine bottles to supplement my kegs with my next brew and I'm hoping the zork can hold once the beer carbs. Crossing my fingers this works!

Has anyone tried zorks on wine bottles with beer in them? I'm using wine bottles to supplement my kegs with my next brew and I'm hoping the zork can hold once the beer carbs. Crossing my fingers this works!

Well, since wine bottles aren't made to withstand pressure, you could always hope that the zorks will blow off like a cork before the bottles explode. But the bottles might explode before the zorks blow off, depending on how tight they are in there.

Either way, don't do this!!!!!!!!!

I really doubt it will work. The wine Zork is designed for still wine, which is not under pressure. The company is coming out with a champagne Zork that is supposed to hold pressure, but I don't believe it's available on the market yet.

Contact the Zork folks in Australia and ask them.

Fair enough... glad I asked on this one. Guy at my local shop seemed to think this was a good idea, but I'll just leave a little extra in secondary and get another keg.

Back