Using semi-acidic fruit (peach) during early fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdvaldez1

Reaction score
So I am making an attempt at brewing a peach IPA. After a few days it has slowed in bubbling a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew how the peach sugars and acid might affect the yeast? Also would it be a good idea to put half the peach puree in early and then put in the rest during my secondary? Thanks for taking the time.

You can probably skip posting twice but I do not think half and half is a bad idea. The sugars will ferment out though more I think in primary fermentation. You may have a drier beer than you anticipated. I like to add my fruit to secondary after primary fermentation is completely over. I measure with a hydrometer though and never rely on the airlock activity. YMMV

Thanks for the heads up with the double posting. I didn't know if they were seen differently, I'll change that in the future. But thanks for the advise. I am still a little worried because I do not know what the acid in the peaches would do to the beer?

Latest posts

Back