Using preserves in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soup_nazi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if I want to make a fruit flavored stout could I use fruit preserves if I couldn't get my hands on the fresh fruit and how much would I need to use.

There is a lot of add sugar in most preserves. Use frozen fruit instead. The amount depends upon the fruit. One pound per gallon in the secondary fermenter is a pretty good starting point for most fruits.

I used Orange Marmalade in a Wit and it turned out well. I know it's a little different than preserves, but it could be interesting to try preserves.

I want to make a stout using thimbleberries from the U.P., but I can't get anyone to ship me some berries but I can buy preserves or jam. Can I just pour some jam into the brew kettle on brew day?

I want to make a stout using thimbleberries from the U.P., but I can't get anyone to ship me some berries but I can buy preserves or jam. Can I just pour some jam into the brew kettle on brew day?

if you are gonna add it, do so during secondary, or late in Primary.

Back