using imperial yeast sour batch kidz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyz

Reaction score
Guys i pitched f08 sour batch kidz like 2 months ago (after primary) and i dont know what to expect. should i see some growth or what?

IMG_0061.jpg

not all sours will develop a pellicle.
i've read several places that the bugs create the pellicle to protect themselves from oxygen - did you purge carboy with co2?

ya, she was still bubblin for a good month, now its slowed. still looks like baby sht.

when in doubt wait it out. something is happening! maybe the warm weather spurred her on. hows she look boys? brett?

IMG_0102.jpg

Would like to know as well. Want to brew a lambic soon and am torn between imperial or wyeast.

Would like to know as well. Want to brew a lambic soon and am torn between imperial or wyeast.
Uhh well I haven't used either (although I have mead fermenting with Wyeast Belgian Lambic and I'll be brewing 5gal beer with Wyeast Lambic in the next couple weeks also).

The main thing for me is that the Sour Batch Kidz doesn't contain Pedio, which I want in a blend.
Personally I also don't care for the peppery character from Saison yeast -- not sure if that would carry to the final product though.

HTH Cheers

it was funky , nothing to write home about. only thing is, keep her warm. didnt seem to really get going unless it was around like 80f

Last edited:
Hi shortyz,
this is my first sour beer I made yesterday with the F8 sour batch kids. I would like to ask you if after 10/15 days from the inoculation of the yeast you have poured to a new carboy or not.
have a good time

Back