Using a Dip Tube Screen for Dry Hopping in the Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmegoodbeer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been thinking of a way to maximize the surface area of dry hopping and to be able to do this in the keg. I have come across a stainless steel diptube screen that I bought on kegworks.com. It does say that pellet hops are prone to clogging the dip tube, but I have read other areas of the great internet where people say that they have no problems with clogs using a screen. Anyone have experience with a good ole' screen on their dip tube in their keg? How do you go about fastening it on your dip tube? I like to bend my dip tubes to where it is about an inch off of the bottom so I don't pick up any yeasties that flocculate on the bottom of the keg. I usually dry hop in the fermenter, but now that I can keg, it seems more beneficial to do it in a keg with limited oxygen and cold temps that will slowly but surely give me a nice, powerful aroma to my beer. Thanks

Back