Used Keg Price Check 15.5 g

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 141939

Reaction score
there is a 15.5 G keg for sale on my local craiglist. i quick search didn't find any recent posts about this. It is going for $100 bucks, looks like the top is already cut off. It says it is officially decomissioned.

I'm thinking I could get a decent aluminum pot for less than that but maybe I could offer less for the keg?

it used but looks to be in good condition from the picks.

Yes, that looks like good reviews too. There was a thread about used keg prices from 2012 on a different forum that people were saying $20-40. I just wasn't sure if things had changed since then like maybe there is some kind of used keg shortage or something, which doesn't really make any sense I guess.

yeah, it's the same with ball/pin lock kegs...People realize what they have, and think that they can sell them for more than they are worth.

oh i just noticed you in augusta. it must be the same one we are looking at as I am in portland ha ha!

Perhaps I'll see if it's still there and offer like $40 bucks for it or something.

It's worth a shot! If you look around though, there are lots of items like that for sale in Mass and NH.... A bit of a haul for me, but P-Town isn't too bad...

Can I ask why not the keggle? I was thinking one good thing about them is they are sort of tall and skinny and would fit better on my propane burner. Even my 10 gallon aluminum pot is kind of wide around the base and doesn't fit perfectly on my burner.

Can I ask why not the keggle? I was thinking one good thing about them is they are sort of tall and skinny and would fit better on my propane burner. Even my 10 gallon aluminum pot is kind of wide around the base and doesn't fit perfectly on my burner.

They are tall/skinny but they have a lip after you cut the top off. This makes dumping them out difficult. The bottom is also domed and that may/may not work in your application. You may have to raise your burner up to get it under the dome.

That post has been up for awhile and I think because it is the $100 price tag....as mentioned, you can get a better shaped pot for the same/lower price.

I bought my used keg for $40, but I wouldn't do anywhere near $100.

Gotcha. Thanks, I'll have to look at/think about the domed bottom if I ever end up purchasing one.

Back