Used grains to make cookies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewJob87

Reaction score
So I brewed a batch earlier and really have been wanting to use the spent grains for something useful.. So I decided to make some cookies with peanut butter chips ans brown sugar ... I have to say, they aren't too bad.. I mixed 2 cups grain to 1 cup flour, added my sweet ingredients.. Which was a tbsp of vanilla, Reeses peanut butter chips, 1 cup brown sugar and a few sprinkles of Cain sugar.. Baked them at 350 for 30 minutes..

I also made my dog some sweets free biscuits..

My wife uses the spent grain from my batches to make dog treats. She just mixes the grains with a little flour and peanut butter and bakes them for a long time at a low temperature to dry them out. The dog seems to love them, but then again our dog also loves to eat out of the trash so I am sure these taste better than that.

Prepare for the uber farts!!

We make beer bread and make the dogs spent grain cookies, and I would predict our house farts are +250% since we started eating these, with a +100% on the fart richer scale to boot!

My wife uses the spent grain from my batches to make dog treats. She just mixes the grains with a little flour and peanut butter and bakes them for a long time at a low temperature to dry them out. The dog seems to love them, but then again our dog also loves to eat out of the trash so I am sure these taste better than that.

I also make dog treats with. the spent grain. Dogs seem to love them but of course they go out in the yard and eat rabbit turds..AKA breath mints.

All I have to do is say " beer. cookies " and they come running.

I have thought about making cookies with them. I may have to try that.

Back