upright 9 tap with raspberry pints finally done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browningbuck

Reaction score
well ive been wanting to up grade from my 2 tap, SOOO heres what i built.

she needs a few finishing touches and 4 more beers hahaha.

test fit 9 kegs everything seems good

temp control

Cut the holes

Shanked with SS back plate

tanks and manifolds

plumbing all silicone hose

tap handles and drip tray

carbonfiber and SS

overall

kenmore elite and couldnt figure out its model #? it is a freezerless refrigerator $100 on CL.

I just drooled on the floor.
4! 4! 4 stout faucets - I'm going to go Fonzi and move in above your garage.

Looks pretty epic!

Kind of a bummer to not have easy access to your temp controller, though. I have enough frustration with mine being in the bottom corner of the side of my mini-fridge, so I can't always easily glance to see the reading, but hats off to you for being less OCD than me.

Otherwise, nice looking build, through and through.

Man that is so cool. I like how compact it is.

Hope those kegs in the back on the bottom row don't kick first!

Looks pretty epic!

Kind of a bummer to not have easy access to your temp controller, though. I have enough frustration with mine being in the bottom corner of the side of my mini-fridge, so I can't always easily glance to see the reading, but hats off to you for being less OCD than me.

Otherwise, nice looking build, through and through.
Agreed! HOWEVER ive already installed an analog probe inside closer to the door so i see the temp differential between the upper front row compared to the lower middle. this data will allow me to stage the beers by style. so far seems the lighter will be on the bottom and darker up high... which suck as the stouts dont need to be changed as often.

kenmore elite and couldnt figure out its model #? it is a freezerless refrigerator $100 on CL.

Man, I never find these deals! I need to setup some alerts on Craigslist or something, because I think I wouldnt even have to argue with the wife over a deal that good!

That's pretty cool! Plenty of bling going on :)

btw, what's the ID of those beer lines?

Cheers!

yup! you found the achilles heel, i used 1/4 ID on the beer line... wish i would have thought that through a bit more and went 3/16. working on balancing the system. do you know of any beer line calculators that will do a mix of two id lines? (ie. 14' of 1/4" with ?' of 3/16 = a 12psi at 38*F at X' of head pressure) or something like this? i havent spent enough time researching but this is part of the small dialing in that i need to do.

yup! you found the achilles heel, i used 1/4 ID on the beer line...

That's years of looking at pictures trying to help solve dispensing issues ;)

wish i would have thought that through a bit more and went 3/16. working on balancing the system. do you know of any beer line calculators that will do a mix of two id lines? (ie. 14' of 1/4" with ?' of 3/16 = a 12psi at 38*F at X' of head pressure) or something like this? i havent spent enough time researching but this is part of the small dialing in that i need to do.

The temperature is supremely important in setting the CO2 pressure, but has no direct role in balancing a dispensing system. That's all about tuning the system to the pressure you use.

I do not know of any line length calculators that can handle multiple diameters. Even The Only Beer Line Length Calculator Worth Using can't do that (wish it could). Maybe if enough people email Mike, he'd get on that :)

Frankly, you'd be best served by using the calculator to figure out the proper length 3/16" ID lines and change 'em out. It looks like you're using straight PVC lines now so the hit wouldn't be too harsh, and a properly tuned system is such a pleasure it's worth it to get it right...

Cheers!

Frankly, you'd be best served by using the calculator to figure out the proper length 3/16" ID lines and change 'em out. It looks like you're using straight PVC lines now so the hit wouldn't be too harsh, and a properly tuned system is such a pleasure it's worth it to get it right...

Cheers!

Unfortunately as I posted in the start I plumbed everything with silicone(ultra barrier silver to be exact).... This is the price one pays I guess

So it's going to feel like pulling off a rather large Band-Aid ;)

You might want to review other threads regarding that tubing to see if folks recommend using longer runs than straight PVC (eg: Bevlex 200). If that stuff is similar to the highly-regarded PET-lined Bev Seal Ultra 235 tubing you'll need like 50% longer runs than PVC for the same pressure - even after switching to 3/16" ID...

Cheers!

That's what I've found already...I wasn't wanting to impart flavors from the line and well now I have pressure issues. Anyway like I said just a little more work

That is some serious sickness, but I want to make sure I understand what I think I know, which is, dude, is that beast in your kitchen??? If you seriously got SWMBO to allow that, then this is truly your reigning achievement on the project - everything else pales...

(but the keezer is really cleeeeen - carbon fiber? oh, man)

[deleted double post - is that happening to other people???]

Swmbos idea to put in the kitchen it was dead space, we fight for the brewing set up on weekends to see who gets to brew their recipe.

That's pretty awesome. Love the handles. Is that tv/monitor just for the kegerator?

its a PC monitor for the raspberrypints system. so yes its dedicated to the kegerator tap management system.

Thought maybe you could switch it from raspberrypints to a baseball game.

The kegerator next to it looks inferior now. Maybe you should send it this way so it doesn't throw off the look of your kitchen

where did you get the tap handles?

I built them, the swmbo is the production manager of a CF manufacturing facility so i do some product development:ban: then i took a 1" SS bolt and took a flapper wheel on my angle grinder to "brush" the tops. i then epoxied the bolt in. Finally turned it upside down and epoxied in SS nuts that fit the taps.

Thought maybe you could switch it from raspberrypints to a baseball game.

The kegerator next to it looks inferior now. Maybe you should send it this way so it doesn't throw off the look of your kitchen
thats not a horrible idea! (being able to switch... not sending my 2 tap kegerator, thats a horrible idea :D) but having 11 possible taps next to each other is pretty nice.

few pics of the two tap tower

I built them, the swmbo is the production manager of a CF manufacturing facility so i do some product development:ban: then i took a 1" SS bolt and took a flapper wheel on my angle grinder to "brush" the tops. i then epoxied the bolt in. Finally turned it upside down and epoxied in SS nuts that fit the taps.

thats not a horrible idea! (being able to switch... not sending my 2 tap kegerator, thats a horrible idea :D) but having 11 possible taps next to each other is pretty nice.

few pics of the two tap tower

Both setups are real nice. It was worth a try and I must admit 11 taps is better than nine! Get to brewin!

Back