Upgrading from Mr. Beer to Brewer's Best Deluxe Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhighnmighty

Reaction score
I've finally upgrade my system from experimenting with Mr. Beer kits to finally buying a serious system. I just purchased the Brewer's Best Deluxe system with the glass carboy and filtration system from my local homebrew shop.

Any tips or tricks to keep in mind when making the jump from mr. beer to brewers best?

I've finally joined the minor leagues! LOL :mug: CHEERS!

Hey Mr. High N Mighty, congrats on the minor league call up!!

I really can't comment on going from Mr. Beer to the Brewers Best because I started this past January with a Brewers Best kit that my wife had bought me for Christmas. So I'm not sure what goes into a Mr. Beer kit. I imagine that, with the BB kit, you will have a lot more control over what goes into your beer though.

The BB kit is a great kit. I have the same one with a better bottle and no filtration system. I remember looking at all of the parts that came with it, thinking "now what the hell is this??" You learn quickly. And it is very easy to use.

Best of luck!!

If you can, order something from Midwest Supplies and get their free DVD on how to brew. It is one of the better teaching tools out there in my opinion. It also shows you the all-grain process so you know where you may go eventually. The wiki also has some great information.

Congrats on graduating from mr. beer, I did. sure, beer is four basic ingredients: water, malt/barley, hops, and yeast, but once you make an actual recipe you'll relize that mr. beer is like making homemade soup from a can. You will be very happy that you made the transaction when you have your first beer. Come to this site for all of your brewing questions, the people on here are both willing and able to answer any question that you have, it's a great community. Remember to use the search function on the site because almost every question has been asked and answered, that said though, don't be afraid to post a new thread if you can't find your answer. When leaving Mr. Beer, you'll find that the yeast is much better, the ingredients are fresher, and you end up with a lot more beer. Good luck to you and Happy Brewing!

RDWHAHB = Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew

Back