Greetings from Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Glad to have finally joined. My Fiancé picked me up a beginner brew kit from Northern Brewer which came with the Block Party Amber Ale? The recipes from that batch where pretty well spelled out and had no problems. It was a very fun project. I ended up bottling the beer and handing it out to friends/family. To my surprise everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, now I am about to tackle my 2nd brew which will be a Conehead IPA, I picked up the brew kit from my local homebrew store and boy oh boy, I feel like its written in a different language. It didn't come with yeast either but I am planning on using the Wyeast 1272 American Ale II. It also calls for dry-hopping which is a new thing for me.

Glad to be here, this forum is a crazy huge place with a wealth of information.
Cheers!

Welcome to the community! Ask questions if you're unsure there is alot of knowledge around these parts!

Welcome and good luck with your brew!
Thanks. It was sort of a mess. The chiller instructions said to add it to the wort 20min before end of boil. That significantly increased volume and made it pretty difficult to put in the 2nd extract which was 7lbs

Thanks. It was sort of a mess. The chiller instructions said to add it to the wort 20min before end of boil. That significantly increased volume and made it pretty difficult to put in the 2nd extract which was 7lbs

Yeah they are telling you that so the chiller will get sanitized by the hot wort. You can also use some starsan to sanitize the chiller as well just make sure it's clean (any particles cleaned off) before sanitizing and you won't have to add it to the boiling wort.

Yeah they are telling you that so the chiller will get sanitized by the hot wort. You can also use some starsan to sanitize the chiller as well just make sure it's clean (any particles cleaned off) before sanitizing and you won't have to add it to the boiling wort.
Well, I sanitized it before putting it in the hot wort, suppose that's a bit overkill but oh well. I'll post here in a week with updates

Back