upgrading/building my rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoferret

Reaction score
I've been gathering gear and trying to find everything i need to get my new rig up and running. I've been searching for months for metal quick disconnects b/c the plastic ones i have are crap and i want something i wont have to replace again (other than a O-ring)

So after digging around I found these MoreBeer and i currently have them sitting on my bench w/ my new chiller and pump. But yesterday I found these Snap lock fittings

Has anyone used ether one of these in there brewing? have any positive or negative feedback?

With the more beer ones I can see that once you run hot wort threw them they'll be pretty hot to have to take apart.

I use the Cam locks from the second links. I've never had an issue with them and would recommend them. I've never used the others, so for all I know, they may be loved just as much by those that use them. I believe the Morebeer style are supposedly easier to use one handed, but with a little practice I can do the cams with one hand too. The Cam locks can get pretty hot, so gloves are sometimes needed.

Thank you guys! i'll be returning these unused fitting for the ones that i really want. just did want to get them and be unhappy.

i went with the camlocks and love them. However do some searches here, especially Bobbys video. The big thing is to buy the threaded versions and not the barbed ones. 1/2 silicone tubing will fit over the threads perfectly. The advantage this way is that you eliminate the restriction that the barbed versions have. By the way I skimped a little and went the aluminum ones from proflow dynamics

Latest posts

Back