Unused Tap/Beerline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I kicked a keg and it won't be used for a few weeks. What is the proper way to store that line/tap? It was only in use for about 5 days so no chance for buildup of anything. I flushed the line and tap with just water to push the beer out and rinse it all. Should I put PBW or StarSan in the line for storage? I didn't disassemble the tap.. just flushed.

I use picnic taps, but I will dissemble after every keg and oxyclean the pieces. Then rinse. I run some starsan through them before next use. I just coil them up and store them in the beer fridge so they don't get lost

If I wasn't going to use a tap for a while, I'd run PBW or BLC through it, and rinse with Starsan, letting the starsan run out. Don't let the starsan sit in the lines. Starsan makes tubing all weird and gooey.

Grow a pipeline, avoid the whole "unused" thing...

Cheers! ;)

ab_feb_01_2014_15_sm.jpg

Thanks guys...

day_trippor.... I have a full pipeline.. that was not a helpful answer. I have four kegs in my keezer.. plenty of beer... One less tap won't mean much.

Back