• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Unitank and misc items

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onpointbrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 7 gal SS Brewtech Unitank that I’d like to sell or make some sort of trade for the 14 gal version because I’m now making 10 gal batches. The unitank has been well cared for and is in excellent condition. It only has 4 batches on it and was purchased in early 2020. It has the optional casters installed as well as the original feet. No other accessories included, just what comes in the box from SS Brewtech. Asking $750 obo.

I would prefer not to ship since I do not have the original packaging, but may consider if no local interest. Located in West Michigan.

I also have:

• About 30’ and a couple 10’+ lengths of 8/3 cable leftover from my 220v system setup. Asking $10.
  • 2 inkbird 308 WiFi that. $25 each.
  • Full roll of SS brewtech glycol tubing insulation. Unopened. Asking $30.
  • Tilt v1. Green. Asking $50

Attachments

• 6ACEF1D2-AE3F-48D5-9295-39D525002854.jpeg
    6ACEF1D2-AE3F-48D5-9295-39D525002854.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 201
  • FA4C974B-7768-44EF-AA0C-B9627EE6AD03.jpeg
    FA4C974B-7768-44EF-AA0C-B9627EE6AD03.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
  • 5C6E0AE6-259A-4B19-B12C-C6D27295777D.jpeg
    5C6E0AE6-259A-4B19-B12C-C6D27295777D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
  • CCE99BA9-57D0-4559-B569-F34D6BA003FA.jpeg
    CCE99BA9-57D0-4559-B569-F34D6BA003FA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
  • 5F3F232D-B27A-4DEB-B363-C992F41BBE19.jpeg
    5F3F232D-B27A-4DEB-B363-C992F41BBE19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
  • 2B914EE8-E300-440D-90DD-AD7F3EB54BAC.jpeg
    2B914EE8-E300-440D-90DD-AD7F3EB54BAC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Oh my.. I'm in Comstock Park! Been toying with the idea of a conical for a bit. Teetering between this and a Spike. I like the TC top clamp on this vs the style on the Spike. But Spike has the 2" dump on the bottom vs the 1.5 on the SS. How does the dump on this work for you? Does it clog ever? Are you using it to dump yeast/trub during the ferment?

Sorry for the slow responses on these...busy week!

Would you be interested in trading for a 14 gallon BME Brew Bucket? I have a FTSs version and one without.
Tempting, but I think I am only interested in Unitanks at the moment. Thanks for inquiring.

Where you at in West Michigan? I lived in Grand Haven for 4 years.
Grand Rapids, close to 28th and Cascade.

I am from Grand Rapids (Kentwood).
We're close - we should brew sometime!

Oh my.. I'm in Comstock Park! Been toying with the idea of a conical for a bit. Teetering between this and a Spike. I like the TC top clamp on this vs the style on the Spike. But Spike has the 2" dump on the bottom vs the 1.5 on the SS. How does the dump on this work for you? Does it clog ever? Are you using it to dump yeast/trub during the ferment?
Nice to hear there are some HBT members nearby!

I do use it to dump trub/yeast, and haven't had any problems. I put a few pounds of pressure on it and slowly open the bottom valve. Just did it a few nights ago on my 14 gallon Unitank.

I really like Spike equipment. I have the Solo - and thought about their Unitank when I was doing my research. Overall, I felt that the design and capabilities of the SS model was superior. Haven't been dissapointed with my decision. As a matter of fact I just bought another 14 gallon SS Unitank.

Sorry for the slow responses on these...busy week!

Tempting, but I think I am only interested in Unitanks at the moment. Thanks for inquiring.

Grand Rapids, close to 28th and Cascade.

We're close - we should brew sometime!

Nice to hear there are some HBT members nearby!

I do use it to dump trub/yeast, and haven't had any problems. I put a few pounds of pressure on it and slowly open the bottom valve. Just did it a few nights ago on my 14 gallon Unitank.

I really like Spike equipment. I have the Solo - and thought about their Unitank when I was doing my research. Overall, I felt that the design and capabilities of the SS model was superior. Haven't been dissapointed with my decision. As a matter of fact I just bought another 14 gallon SS Unitank.

No problem, let me know if you change your mind.

You should give the Spike a shot and compare. We don’t think you’ll be disappointed 🙌🏽🍻

On my SS Chronicals I've not had trouble with clogging the dump during or at the end of fermentation, but a cold crash will absolutely pack it in there. On a big dry hop it packs so hard I can't imagine an extra 1/2" making one bit of difference.

On my SS Chronicals I've not had trouble with clogging the dump during or at the end of fermentation, but a cold crash will absolutely pack it in there. On a big dry hop it packs so hard I can't imagine an extra 1/2" making one bit of difference.

You might be surprised what a 2” bottom dump does. It offers a 90% larger surface area than the 1.5” and makes a huge difference!

I love my spike conical and condenser lid. But you guys are striking out with me right now with your TC-100.

That condenser lid is awesome. I think it's a game changer for indoor electric brewing. After using it, I can't imagine going back. My only minor gripe is the 4" port - I have to use the triclamp to get the plexiglass to stay on, and taking it off for additions is a pain because it's obviously very hot.

That condenser lid is awesome. I think it's a game changer for indoor electric brewing. After using it, I can't imagine going back. My only minor gripe is the 4" port - I have to use the triclamp to get the plexiglass to stay on, and taking it off for additions is a pain because it's obviously very hot.
I love it too. I actually swapped the plexiglass out for the stainless steel lid from my CF5. I do not have to use the triclamp.

What’s the issue? Have you contacted Customer Support?

#1 - They say they can do 5G batches. The coils are not long enough to effectively cold crash a 5G batch.
#2 - The 'normal' port used for the temp prob is placed to high to even register temps on a 5G batch. Sure, you could place it lower on the conical portion, but now you port (top) that is useless.

Nice tip. I'll have to order one and give it a try.

The SteamSlayer @Bobby_M has uses WAY less water than the Condenser Lid for a fraction of the cost... Not trying to get all environmental, but we are talking 5+ extra gallons of wasted water with the Condenser Lid. I typically get less than 10G using the Steam Slayer, which I try to use for cleanup water. Add on the recovered water from my plate chiller and it is WAY too much. Bobby even helped me out by welding a TC high on my pot so I could maximize my boil capacity.

Back