Unfortunate packing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riddei

Reaction score
So my package arrived from Midwest and my wife was being being awesome opening my package (giggity) to pull out the couple of yeast packs I had in there and store the in the fridge. The only pack of dry yeast managed to stick itself to a small amount of tape and was cut when she was opened it. She immediately tossed it into a ziploc and into the fridge. Could it be used for a proper beer or is the contamination risk to great. Half of the bag has since emptied itself in the baggy

It might be risky. Dry yeast is cheap, maybe grab another pack to be safe?

You're probably good and it sounds like you can't just pop down to the LBHS if you buying your yeast on-line. I'd brew with it soon though. Sounds like a real good reason to brew tomorrow.;)

The brew scene isn't big here the only LHBS is over three hours away. Midwest is sending a replacement but I also have some honey that is just sitting around. It was Nottingham dry yeast. I hate to throw it out if there could be at the very least a fun experimental use for it.

That's a good use too. I wouldn't stress about it too much. Your SWMBO did the right thing (you should kiss her) and it's really hard to hurt dry yeast unless you get it wet.

Latest posts

Back