Two of my favorite things.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashz

Reaction score
Well I mentioned my jeep in a thread about hobbies. Unfortunately I think I was too bored one weekend. 10 hours worth of work later and I have officially started an off frame restoration of my 85 Cj-7.

Here is my BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde in all it's glory.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/medium/DSC_1420.JPG

And here it is in the remains of the Jeep.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/medium/DSC_1423.JPG

Aggressive plan for the jeep is everything finished by July. That includes sandblasting frame, axles, tub, cutting out and patching spots on the tub that need it. Then comes paint. So with me having limited time, maybe two hours at night and one day a weekend, I think this is going to be a long road.

Hoist one for the jeep. Here is a semi before pic.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/medium/DSC_1284.JPG

That's all for now, Just thought I would share.

Oh man, when beer and jeep were combined, along with saying 'here's the remains of the jeep' I thought you were going to be showing pics of a DUI gone wrong. Whew! Well good luck with that!

Nope, that kinda stuff doesn't fly with me. I drive a company car and am on the road everyday, so I am good when it comes to that.

This jeep project is something I have been wanting to do for a while now, and just decided no time like the present to get going on it.

From someone who has been working on a Mustang for a long time, I hope you realize that it WILL take a while. Hopefully this spring I will get my Mustang up to my new garage, but even with the thing up here, it would have taken a lot longer than I ever thought.

So tonight is a night of firsts. I have sucked it up and realized that I need to do what I have been dreading. I am going to do a tub swap. I say a first because I am in essence giving up on what I thought I could do.

Oh well. This tub is seriously screwed up. So I am now in the market for a YJ tub. I would like to do a Cj tub but that is unrealistic with the price. Full steel replacement tubs are ridiculous, and I really don't want to go glass, which is cheaper, but still pricey.

I am staying optimistic because this will actually allow me to focus on the frame and drive train until I find a tub. It is daunting because I have to try and find the tub.

Jeep guys? Anyone know of a decent tub in southeast PA or nearby? Willing to drive states away. Got some emails out to some guys but who knows.

This is a bit of a set back but I am up for it. Not sure that SWMBO is up for it. :)

I will try and post some pictures of what changed my mind tomorrow. I have yet to download the latest pics.

Any guys on here that have done a tub swap, please tell me I am not doomed.

So I went and looked at a YJ tub today. My buddies brother is parting out his Jeep, and I am going to buy his tub. Looks like things are progressing. Now I need to get the CJ tub off and start working on cleaning up the frame.

:off:
Had a totally different idea when I saw this thread... I was expecting..

boobies.JPG

and

beer.jpg

:off:
Had a totally different idea when I saw this thread... I was expecting..

boobies.JPG

and

beer.jpg

Well the first will come after the Jeep is finished. The second happens during. SWMBO might have something to say about the first though. :)

Back