Two keg system CO2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calamkin

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the site and new to kegging.

I am taking up homebrewing again after a layoff and want to keg. I have seen the double regulators that allow for different PSI in two different kegs. Is there a good reason to buy this or is a single regulator with a two way manifold ok for two kegs?

I know nothing about kegging but am about to purchase a set up and then figure it out. Thanks for any help or tips!

The only reason to get more than one body is to carb to style. If you'd like an IPA and a wheat on tap at the same time you'll probably want dual bodies. If all you drink is ales carbed to 2.4 then just get a single. You can always add a secondary reg at a later time but usually at a higher net cost.

It's also nice to have a second set at 30psi to seal kegs, purge carboys, etc.

Jason

I use one regulator for serving and one for utility use, like Jason said. It's good to have if you want to move beer, set a keg lid or burst carb for a day or so. I guess I would use it if a style calls for a much different carb volume while serving.

Thanks again for the info. I will brew several different styles, so will probably get the double regulator. Is there a chart or listing that shows the different volume levels per style?

Back