two keg kit from Northern Brewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never bought from Northern Brewer but used ball locks are about $50 each. That regulator is about $100. Add in the tubing and accessories it looks like a pretty good deal.

I have never bought from Northern Brewer but used ball locks are about $50 each. That regulator is about $100. Add in the tubing and accessories it looks like a pretty good deal.
That was my thoughts. Especially with the free shipping and a free spring beer kit with orders over $125.00 I'm looking to upgrade to a two keg system and this seems like a pretty good deal if the regulator isn't junk.

I bought that kit from NB 5 or 6 years ago when I first wanted to start kegging. You could possibly hunt around and save a few bucks buying everything separate but not much and you'd still have to consider shipping costs. So I'd say it's a pretty good deal especially if you are getting a kit free with it.

My opinion of the kit is that it's decent and has held up well over the years. I'm still using the kegs and CO2 regulator, although it came with a slightly different one back when I bought it. I actually bought a Taprite regulator similar to the one in the current kit and feel it's better than the original one I got from NB (I'm using both in separate keezers).

If you've never kegged before like myself when I bought this it's nice because you get everything you need to get started without having to figure it all out on your own. All you need is some beer and somewhere to keep the kegs cold.

Any one ever bought this kit or the regulator from NB? What did you think of it?
https://www.northernbrewer.com/coll...ducts/keg-system-reconditioned-dual-ball-lock

i have that regulator. i had to get two new ones sent to me and i had to rebuild part of the new one with old parts because the psi would creep to 40psi. the adjustments are a PITA and take a few tries to get it right. also the fittings are very brittle the nuts snapped in half and the threads stripped using my hands.

the customer service from northern brewer was amazing each time. And i would buy from northernbrewer without question again. i should add since i worked it all out i haven't had issues for more than 6 months.

Back