Two-hop combinations for simple ale ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmeskill

Reaction score
Recently I've developed a fairly straightforward base recipe (mostly pale malt, with some Munich and CaraAmber for color/body) from which I've been trying out different hops in a take on a SMaSH ale. But since I've found that fairly dull except for hop trials, I've also been jumping off into 2-hop beers, primarily one hot-side and one for dry hopping, to interesting success. My Mosaic hot/Amarillo cold was predictably delicious and a Pacific Jade/Nelson Sauvin came out weirdly low-key but delicious in a different take on an old-school American PA.

So now the question for everyone: does anyone have double hop combos they've either experimented with or had success with or just thought they wanted to try? I've got a fairly wide range of hops available locally and some Huell Melon of note in my fridge-any ideas what might go well together?

I just did an Idaho 7 + Chinook combo that I really like. Use anything for the bittering addition, then a 2:1 ratio of Idaho7 to Chinook for aroma, whirlpool and dry hop additions.

Annoyingly Idaho 7 is basically the only popular hop I can't seem to get here, but it's been on my radar for a while and is definitely on the list to try!

Back