Notable/interesting hippo combos?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmeskill

Reaction score
Recently I've developed a fairly straightforward base recipe (mostly pale malt, with some Munich and CaraAmber for color/body) from which I've been trying out different hops in a take on a SMaSH ale. But since I've found that fairly dull except for hop trials, I've also been jumping off into 2-hop beers, primarily one hot-side and one for dry hopping, to interesting success. My Mosaic hot/Amarillo cold was predictably delicious and a Pacific Jade/Nelson Sauvin came out weirdly flat but delicious in a different take on an old-school American PA.

So now the question for everyone: does anyone have double hop combos they've either experimented with or had success with or just thought they wanted to try? I've got a fairly wide range of hops available locally and some Huell Melon of note in my fridge-any ideas what might go well together?

Probably a better idea-don't mind me, created one over there...

Recently I've developed a fairly straightforward base recipe (mostly pale malt, with some Munich and CaraAmber for color/body) from which I've been trying out different hops in a take on a SMaSH ale. But since I've found that fairly dull except for hop trials, I've also been jumping off into 2-hop beers, primarily one hot-side and one for dry hopping, to interesting success. My Mosaic hot/Amarillo cold was predictably delicious and a Pacific Jade/Nelson Sauvin came out weirdly flat but delicious in a different take on an old-school American PA.

So now the question for everyone: does anyone have double hop combos they've either experimented with or had success with or just thought they wanted to try? I've got a fairly wide range of hops available locally and some Huell Melon of note in my fridge-any ideas what might go well together?
How many types of hippos are there?
🤔

The mother/baby hippo combo is my personal favorite, hard to beat:
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 9.05.55 PM.png

Hippos kill more humans in Africa than any animal besides the mosquito (malaria). They are that fat guy that can move way faster than you expected him to and have a powerful bite. The local fishermen on the rivers always say, "Watch the crocodiles, but avoid the hippos."

Back