Twist off caps on pry off bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porky_pine

Reaction score
I did a search and still I'm confused on how this works.

I was at my LHBS today and picked up 50 bottle caps today for a buck but I didn't realize they were twist off bottle caps until I started bottling my DIPA. Now they are all bottled in regular, pry off bottles. They don't seem to be leaking but they twist off and I'm afraid the seal isn't the same. They are Full Sail twist off caps. Should I recap tomorrow?

I've bought a lot of cheap overrun caps over the years, many had "twist off" printed on them and they all sealed fine. I don't know if there is a difference in commericial capping equipment for twist offs, but unused twist-off caps run fine in a bench capper.

I did a search and still I'm confused on how this works.

I was at my LHBS today and picked up 50 bottle caps today for a buck but I didn't realize they were twist off bottle caps until I started bottling my DIPA. Now they are all bottled in regular, pry off bottles. They don't seem to be leaking but they twist off and I'm afraid the seal isn't the same. They are Full Sail twist off caps. Should I recap tomorrow?

The caps are used on both twist off and pry off. We use them for both.

Back