Tweaking Coopers Lager Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodsuds

Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased a Coopers DIY kit and before I brew it I wanted to get some suggestions for tweaking it. I've found a few good recipes that use the Coopers extract, several of them from unionrdr, but all of them are pale ale or shandy recipes. I'm not particularly big on bitter or sweet beer and there are only a few IPA's that I care for. I'm thinking of trying my hand at a honey lager with a subtle citrus flavor. Is it safe to just throw raw fruit into the wort after brewing, or do you want to add it while brewing and remove it before pitching the yeast? I would prefer to not add more extracts and instead use fresh ingredients where possible.

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

I've decided to try a recipe I found using the Cooper's kit to make a witbier (video here). The only difference from this recipe is I will be using dehydrated orange peel and Safbrew WB-06. I'm not sure if I should add hops or not. I prefer German wheat beers, my favorite being hefeweizen, but none of them that I've tried are particularly hoppy.

Back