Tv Guilty Pleasures.....What are yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people got the wrong idea,or were too embarresed of what they were really accidentally watching. As far as WTF am im watching this it was Jersey shore, the hills or rockof love, and even those after reuinuion shows,it seems your flipping through then you realized your watching it for a half hour.Just because you like how dumb and rediculous those characters are.
I dont watch a whole lot of tv but i do like 1000 ways to die and some of tru tv's stuff not some of those fakey ones like repo, but the stupidest criminals, or practical jokes shows.National geographic has been pretty interesting latley.Tosh.O is great, but man he is edgy with the gay stuff. Pretty funny when he was teabagging a big jar of tea,naked and blurred out with tea bags.

yeah, you get what I was trying to draw out of people....Those shows that are so bad, trashy that you won't normally admit to watching it.

Like I said, "New Girl" is mine.

Nope. I live only a mile from Canada ... Detroit is a border city. Two Fat Ladies is sometimes broadcast "over the air" on Ontario's "Public TV" station TVO.

Two Fat Ladies is a foodie/cooking show. Really funny tho.

Just for the heckovit I just checked wiki for the show and it says that Two Fat Ladies is running on The Cooking Channel as of October 2011 ... The Cooking Channel website shows ...
Two Fat Ladies : Cooking Channel
apparently doing some Christmas Specials too ... with one of the Christmas episodes jerking and pit roasting a whole boar, no less! Now there's a Christmas dish to impress the relatives.

It used to be on PBS. It's a good show.

Nothing wrong with New Girl. Zooey Deschanel is the hotness.

amen

109-zooey-deschanel.jpg

Red dwarf
Are you being served

Why feel guilty admitting that? We watch all the British comedies. Saturday nights are wings and British comedies. 1 hr of Keeping up Appearances, 1 hr. As Time Goes By, 1 hr Are you being Served. :ban:

Also like Two Old Guys and Faulty Towers.

...yeah, we're old. :D

Are You Being Served was a fav. Watched every night at some points. Liked Faulty Towers also.

Benny Hill and Monty Python too.

I'd love to see Fran Drescher all tied up, with a ball gag in her mouth. Not to have sex with her - just so that I wouldn't have to hear her talk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsV6h-rjMc]Jersey Shore on Beavis and Butthead - YouTube[/ame]

"It seems like, if they did this chart long enough, they could find out where herpes began"

"I'm a whore, welcome to Costco."

Absolutely ****ing brilliant.

I enjoy watching "Mobsters" on BIO channel.

My wife cant stand it, but there is something cool about watching Al Capone running a huge bootlegging operation during Prohibition while at the same time bottling my latest batch.

I make sure El Hubbo catches an episode of "Wife Swap" every so often. Keeps him appreciative of what he's got...

:)

Anyone else looking forward to the new season of Justified? I missed most of this year but got all caught up this past week.

Not a guilty pleasure because it's a spectacular show, but anyone who hasn't watched "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" ought to be shot in the kneecaps. IFC's been playing the first season over again (only six episodes), it's on Netflix streaming, and there's a new season starting in a couple days.

My secret guilty pleasure? Hoarders (except for the episodes with animal hoarders - can't stomach those) and Storage Wars.

For the most part, I love shows like Fringe and Supernatural. I never get tired of Supernatural, that show is just so damned fun.

I also really love Top Gear UK, although I sometimes forget to check out the episodes on my "on demand" cable thing (since I don't get BBCA as part of my regular channel package).

However, at the top of my tv addiction list would be Mad Men. I just cannot get enough of that show, and it goes far too long between new seasons. I also really loved A Game of Thrones, and will still watch True Blood as well.

Oh I forgot my guiltiest of pleasures..... Smallville. Watched every episode of it. Always DVR'd that show. Did not tell a soul. I don't know how I got into it when it started, but I did. Although there are a lot of CW shows meant for 12-19 year olds that I enjoy.

Acting was terrible, although I know a friend of a friend of the main character. Yes I thought about calling in a favor to say hi and talk about Smallville. Then I realized I had turned into a 15 year old girl. No offense to 15 year old girls.

Ho boy, all the HBTers in law enforcement will cringe at this, but on a Sunday afternoon when there's no football or baseball, I'm a sucker for shows like Cops or Worlds Wildest Police Chases, etc.

I love standing in the day area in the middle of a big group of inmate who for some reason love watching cops. I will always say something like "why are you watching this, you know how it ends" or my personal fav is Tase 'em Tase 'em and when the inmates look at me, Oh I guess we are rooting for different sides.

I like "Burn Notice". I loved McGyver when I was a kid, and this is like McGyver, but with a lot of hot chicks.

I've heard good things about American Horror Story, but also heard that you can't start in the middle. I never caught it form the start and haven't looked on Hulu.

We do watch New Girl in our house as well Big Bang and a load of other reality based mumbo jumbo. The GF loves her reality. I'm usually sitting here while it's on. LOL

I like Gold Rush and Moonshiners.

passedpawn said:
I like Food network. Its the only TV I watch. Only when I'm brewing. Sucks in the AM because they play infomercials then. But otherwise, good stuff (can't stand Paulla Deen and her spawn tho).

I don't pay for programmed television, but if I could pay a reasonable fee for that one channel, I would gladly. Love Chopped and Iron Chef. The show where they swim through the bayou to retrieve their ice chest full of gourmet food items and then try to pack it cross country to their cooking set ups is pretty stupid.

Back