Turnkey powered mill solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
Anyone come across anyone offering a turn-key powered mill solution yet?

I don't really want to deal with motor capacities, wiring, gear / pulley ratios, etc... to automate my off-the-shelf Monster mill. Does anyone offer a motor+pulley fully pre-wired solution for automating mills?

Using my hand-drill is honestly a pain, but there's just too many things for me to screw up in planning, purchasing or building a powered-mill project so I keep putting it off...

Thanks.

Adam

The reason you may never see this happen is that a vendor would have to buy the motors through typical distribution channels at typical wholesale pricing. To put it in perspective, my shop mill is powered by a 1/6HP gear motor that retails for over $400. I would have never bought it if I didn't find it at surplus pricing. Maybe for personal use the bulky pulley method of gearing down is acceptable but I think the gear motors are safer and more compact.

Back