Turkey Fryer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, thanks. $60 seems like a great deal, they are selling for at least $90 on Amazon

My fryer is an older model but the pot looks just like that. It works fine for me and I do all grain with batch sparges. I am going to get a larger pot soon though. I should work just fine.

I recommend that you clean first, the pots can have an oil on them. Soap and water and rinse extremely well.

Surprisingly, a keggle with about 12G or 13G of wort boiled for us just as fast as with the 7G aluminum turkey fryer pot. The kettle does fit perfectly over the top of it though... it's amazing. Best $55 spent ever.

I have this one which looks really similar and it works great for my all grain batches. I am only doing 5 gallon batches. I use an 8 gallon pot and I start the boil with about 7 gallons in it. I get to a boil within 10- 15 tops and it stays at a nice steady roll for the duration of my boil.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z658N0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The only problem is that you need to let it burn off the paint before you use it. It didn't taint my beer but as the paint burns off, it smells bad. I suspect that one is probably the same. a good hour or 2 would really do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this one which looks really similar and it works great for my all grain batches. I am only doing 5 gallon batches. I use an 8 gallon pot and I start the boil with about 7 gallons in it. I get to a boil within 10- 15 tops and it stays at a nice steady roll for the duration of my boil.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z658N0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The only problem is that you need to let it burn off the paint before you use it. It didn't taint my beer but as the paint burns off, it smells bad. I suspect that one is probably the same. a good hour or 2 would really do the trick.

thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back