turkey fryer problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_mox

Reaction score
So I was giving a turkey fryer to use for brewing :rockin:. However the part that connects to the propane tank doesn't match the tank. I'm thinking this is an older turkey fryer, with the old style connector (but I could be totally wrong). The turkey fryer itself doesnt have any brand markings that I can see, otherwise I would just call manufacturer and see what they say. Is there like a converter I can get? Or just replace part of the regulator that connects to the tank?

Thanks guys, I haven't got the foggiest idea when it comes to turkey fryers and propane (just trying not to blow myself up)! I've attached a picture showing the tank and the connector.

IMAG0073.jpg

That is a qd (quick disconnect) connection on the regulator side. It looks like you are missing the rest of it.

Remove it from the regulator nut and the connection should thread right into the i.d. (inside diameter) threads on your cylinder valve. That should get ya brewing.

I may be wrong but from the picture it looks like it may come apart (see picture, green arrow). Then it should (key word: should) thread into the tank fitting. It will probably be the old style connection but should work with your tank from what I can tell.

fryer.jpg

ah, you guys are BRILLIANT! worked like a charm! Thanks so much guys...this is going to be so much better than using my stove!

Happy Brewing!

Back