Tubing is stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch1719

Reaction score
So my rubber tubing is stick onto my bottle-filling wand. Any tips on how to get it unstuck?

Hot water and pull. It may take some effort to get it off. I have had tubing get stuck on my immersion chiller and it took a bit of pulling to finally get it off.

Hot water and twist back and forth gently. Take your stuff apart and rinse as soon as you are done using it will help also.

Hot water and twist back and forth gently. Take your stuff apart and rinse as soon as you are done using it will help also.

This. twist back and forth until it loosens, don't just pull, which only stretches the tubing and constricts it more. I've had good luck with pushing a little while twisting just to loosen it up.

I bottled my first batch this weekend and had the same problem. I ran hot tap water (as hot as I could get it) over it for about a minute and with a little twisting, it came right off.

Back