Trying to find the correct brand name of this beer. Mastive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoholica

Reaction score
Without further reading Does a beer with this name ring a bell ? “Mastive” I may be misspelling, idk. It’s like a stout. Could be a North Carolina beer idk.

So I Go out of town and Find this sweet hole in the wall establishment. Really nice waitress named out their beers. Starting with draft.
Bud light and bla bla and more bla. And then she named out 3 more that I never heard of. Hmmm.

But when she said “massive” Now that name peaked my interest. But that’s only the name she gives it.
It’s A black stout with a good bit of carb. Reminds me a lot of a few stouts I like to make myself. Not quite as big as mine . But good and I would buy some on my off days if I only knew the name of it.

After trying it I googled it and could not find it. I don’t even think the waitress knew how to spell it or it’s proper name. She said it’s really called mastive. Or masdive?
It maybe mastiff for all I know.

This forum is the best place to find out stuff like this. Besides This sweet hole in the wall is out of town so I won’t be returning anytime soon. Plus they seemed to busy to help me find this online. And now that I am home It’s killing me to find the name.
I even asked about it at the local brew store yesterday. never heard of it..

Any clues will be appreciated.
I’d sure like to have this as an off day stout. Can’t always find Stone so cal or totalitarian around here. So the more options the better. Thanks all.

Back