Trying to come up with a Brewery Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
So I've been brainstorming for a while on a Brewery name and can't come up with anything. I am really drawn to it having to do with a theme described by words like dark, earthy, mould, primordial, etc. I picture a deep, dark woods with old growth trees and mosses and mushroom covering the ground. I like the image on the hobgoblin bottle. I like medieval themes, ancient forests, mouldering decay and all that. I like the names of the breweries "Weeping Radish", "Jolly Pumpkin" and stuff like that. Something that relates to ale's beginning, its place in history and it's connection to the ingredients that make it.

Failing that, I've begun to try thinking of more modern names. I've been thinking about something along the lines of aleworks, beer craft, the ale factory, alesmith and all that but I feel like they've probably all been used.

Please help me come up with a name. Preferably having to do with the first theme.

dark forest... mossy-side (of the tree)... toad stool... deep woods... twisted root...

Traditional medieval stuff:

Ragged staff
Jack in the green
Green man
Maypole
Black dog
Witch
Witchfinder
Warlock
Jack o'lantern
Crispy old knobgobbler

Back