Trouble removing factory manifold on Coleman cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWernBrewer

Reaction score
I bought a 40qt Coleman cooler - thought that it would work well for my batches because I will be doing 10gal batches of session beers and limiting my big beers to 5 gal batches.

Problem is that I cannot seem to remove the factory spigot. I am tearing it up and was trying to salvage the inner seal as per FlyGuy's instructions. I am making myself stop before I ruin contact points and have to cut/drill it out. Those of you that removed the spigot and replaced - how did you remove the original parts.

I am pulling my hair out here and would appreciate any help that you guys could give.
I did a search and saw a lot of talk about the replacement parts and nothing about the removal so I think that I am missing something pretty simple.:confused:

Don't know what model you have, but they usually just unscrew from the inside. May need a pliers to grab it with though.

my spigot unscrewed clockwise rather than counter clockwise. But as long as you dont trash that gasket it will be fine no matter how you get it off.

most of them come out with an allen key... So far, I have taken apart a rubbermaid and a coleman and they both required an allen wrench...

Just hold the inside and turn the outside. The cap is attached to a nut and the cap actually sticks into the male piece that is coming from the inside out. It's hard to see because it is all white.

I got it - thanks for posting you guys.

I saw the allen key slot but had nothing that would lock in well. I just couldn't get a good grip on the inside. Took some needle-nose pliers and reefed an area down and got a good pinch and rotated from the outside. Saved the gasket, but I will never be able to revert back to original, the stock drain is torn up now. Not that I really see any reason to, but still.

Latest posts

Back