Tropical mead help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Hey guys so with summer coming up I’d like to explore the idea of a tropical mead (mango, pineapple, coconut) I have heard bad things about both pineapple and coconut so I’m probably going to not include coconut cause I don’t know how I would get that flavor to come through? So here’s a little recipe I’m thinking of

3 lbs clover honey
46oz of real mango juice
1 gallon of water
Yeast energizer staggered
Yeast nutrient staggered
Lalvin k1

Ferment dry and stabilize. Backsweeten with pineapple juice and bottle once clear

It’s a rough recipe but I want to do this but there is like no information on it from what I’ve looked at

Hey guys so with summer coming up I’d like to explore the idea of a tropical mead (mango, pineapple, coconut) I have heard bad things about both pineapple and coconut so I’m probably going to not include coconut cause I don’t know how I would get that flavor to come through? So here’s a little recipe I’m thinking of

3 lbs clover honey
46oz of real mango juice
1 gallon of water
Yeast energizer staggered
Yeast nutrient staggered
Lalvin k1

Ferment dry and stabilize. Backsweeten with pineapple juice and bottle once clear

It’s a rough recipe but I want to do this but there is like no information on it from what I’ve looked at

Ive done something very similar but used mango juice and mango slices. Your Recipe looks fine from what I can see. Keep us updated!

Personally I've heard that mango can be difficult to work with (no first hand experience, it's still on my to-do list). Supposedly works best if you put it in secondary or tertiary, after stabilizing.

Latest posts

Back