Tribute to a broken glass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
Last night, I accidentally bumped the table and my trusty 23oz personalized beer glass fell over and broke. Thankfully it was empty.
I have to say, I am a little sad. I have used that same glass almost every night since x-mas. Yes it got cleaned.

That glass has done a lot of work, A lot of gallons of beer has been drank from it.

:mug: So what is a ample tribute to a broken glass? :mug:

I hope you dont think i am completely off my rocker....:drunk:

http://www.imprintitems.com/custom/spl/7706495 23oz pilsner glass, Not exactly what i had..But close

I lost my favorite glass nearly 2 years ago now when a drunken friend tripped over it in the backyard. It was empty and sitting on the paving stones next to my chair. Mostly my fault but devastating nonetheless. It was a stolen 20oz. brewmaster's club glass from Alcatraz Brewing in OC.

I didn't have a tribute to it then nor do I have one for you now, but I do want to share my heartfelt sympathies. I feel your pain...

I would suggest a mournful drinking ballad, in the Irish tradition ... something like:

O vessel clear, with name inscribed
From which my brew I oft imbibed;
From me too soon your life was took
When clumsily, the table I shook.

I miss your sides, I miss your rim,
I miss the lace upon your brim,
I miss the feel of my glass complete
And filled with lager, stout or wheat.

Perhaps, someday, I will replace
Your perfect sides, your perfect base;
But for today, I mourn the loss -
Into the bin, your shards I toss.

RIP :mug:

not bad at all

i hate breaking glasses - I got two glasses from a brewpub a couple years back, loved those glasses, they were a bit more "voluptuous" than your standard pilsner style glass and really fit my hand well. broke them both within a week this past winter. stupid new house has crooked counters apparently.

I would suggest a mournful drinking ballad, in the Irish tradition ... something like:

wow. did you just come up with that?

not bad at all

i hate breaking glasses - I got two glasses from a brewpub a couple years back, loved those glasses, they were a bit more "voluptuous" than your standard pilsner style glass and really fit my hand well. broke them both within a week this past winter. stupid new house has crooked counters apparently.

Or maybe someone got jealous of you fondling your beer all the time. ;)

This is why I am looking for a big double walled stainless steel beer stein. I can use it anywhere including parks and beaches. I love my glass but all glass can never be truly owned, only used for awhile before it is destroyed...and only in certain areas...

Impressive! :mug:

Thanks for the poem.
At least i know i am not completely off my rocker for being upset about the glass breaking.

Thinking i am going to make a beer for it soon. I liked that idea of a nice brew that only gets drank 24oz at a time.
Thinking something different. Maybe a black IPA.

Weird thought, Oatmeal Stout IPA...Then again....That might be to weird.

Latest posts

Back