Tri Clover Integrated Heating Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any additional thoughts/experiences on these elements now that a few months have passed?

I really like them. I'm new to electric brewing but I have two of the 5500w elements with tc and they have been great. I did get a couple o-rings from Bobby that fit over the prongs and laid a bead of silicone around the plastic to metal junction. I'd buy them again.

haven't used mine yet. Still waiting to do a test on my elements and control panel. Will post pics when I do.,

Any additional thoughts/experiences on these elements now that a few months have passed?

I have the 5500w ripple and I have been very happy with it. I actually run it on 120v (somewhere around 1600-1700w) to use for eBIAB for the ULWD similar to the Blichmann Boilcoil. No trouble with direct contact with voile brew bag over 5 or 6 brews so far.

I'm on my second one. The first one I got had about a 3/4" scorched spot after the first brew. Shot Bobby a picture of the element after a cold water flush and sponge off. He declared it defective and sent a replacement immediately. You just cant say enough good things about doing business with Bobby.
I also like the idea of putting some sort of sheath across the connection between the element and cable. Bicycle inner tube might work good. Condom might work good too.

I have the 5500 watt ripple element too. It's nice not dragging around a cord when you're trying to clean up your kettle.

I bought these from Bobby for my HLT and Boil kettles and have used them on one batch so far. Worked perfectly. I'm also not too concerned with boilovers since the EZBoil controller from Auber automatically turns down the power at 208 degrees (or whatever temp you set) so it's much less likely to have a boilover, even if you're not watching.

I use them and love 'em. No issues so far after many batches. If you are concerned with the gap, wrap it with electrical tape. I don't have a worry as my kettles are sized right.

I bought a couple from alibaba a little over a year ago and have been using one of them in my boil kettle ever since and can honestly say it was a great decision to buy them.

Like Cubalz, I also know how to brew with electric and have temp control so boil overs are not a concern. I also brew in a spare bedroom so Ive learned I cant be lazy and sloppy.

Last edited:
I have three of these for a HLT and two boil kettles. Went this route right off the bat and cant imagine having a long cords attached to the kettles. Makes it really easy to take the kettle to the sink and rinse it out. Also with two boil kettles on a 50a panel, I can use the HLT PID to do two boils at once on a split batch, this makes the change over really easy not having to change cords.

I bought these from Bobby for my HLT and Boil kettles and have used them on one batch so far. Worked perfectly. I'm also not too concerned with boilovers since the EZBoil controller from Auber automatically turns down the power at 208 degrees (or whatever temp you set) so it's much less likely to have a boilover, even if you're not watching.

Working on a 3 year build and it's good to know I made the right decision. Thanks for reviving this thread! Cheers-

I know this is a dead post... but this seems to be the ticket here:
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-6031-Straight-Locking-Resistant/dp/B003AUB5OW?th=1

Just can't figure out if this goes on the female side and will stretch over the male side.. or the other way around. Or if you need some kind of boot on both sides. If it's for the male side it prob won't work for our use case.

That’s a great find! I ended up getting one of these, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2WI65Y/, instead. One of the few 2” TC elements (at the time) and the price for the whole thing is about the same price as just the stand-alone element enclosure from most other places. You can get it for about $10 less from AliExpress as well if you’re patient.

Going to install a short service cord and plug on mine, about 12” or less, so the plug interface can be out of harm’s way.

Great find! If anyone springs for one to try I would love to hear some feedback.

For now... I bought a couple of sheets of silicon on Amazon for $5 shipped and added a velcro cable wrap. Use the wrap for cable storage between brews. Cheap solution that works much better than I hoped.

Attachments

• IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 88
I ordered one... it looks like it may work, but i'm still waiting on a TC element to arrive to try it out. Found them for half the price on ebay as well, if it works i'll order a "set" for all my connections.

I also think the bike inner tube would work, that's my backup plan since i have a few cut up inner tubes already.

For what its worth. I use these elements on 2 boil kettles and a HLT and in 2 years now never had an issue... this is one of those solutions to a problem that really isnt a problem. At least Ive never seen a report of it being an issue myself. Just my experience with 12 of these elements though. Even boil overs do not reach the connection point which is standing off the kettle wall a couple inches.. you realistically would have to be pouring liquid over it while its on to trip the gfi.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back